1 Year Licence up for Renewal - Help!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dick Van

I was awarded a 1 year only licence last January after suffering a couple of blackouts after too much pop on two occasions in 2013. To get this I had to have a CDT test (which was paid for by DVLA) and got my 1 year licence 10 days after the test. The DVLA have now sent me more forms which appear to be the same as last time to fill in. My question is do I now need to have another CDT test now in order to get another licence after this one year one expires in January? And will the licence be another temporary one? Any help would be much appreciated.

I was awarded a 1 year only licence last January after suffering a couple of blackouts after too much pop on two occasions in 2013. To get this I had to have a CDT test (which was paid for by DVLA) and got my 1 year licence 10 days after the test. The DVLA have now sent me more forms which appear to be the same as last time to fill in. My question is do I now need to have another CDT test now in order to get another licence after this one year one expires in January? And will the licence be another temporary one? Any help would be much appreciated.

I am in a similar situation, after been given a 1 year licence in Nov 2014. I have already re-applied (last August) and my licence has been expired for 2 weeks as the DVLA have taken their time as usual. I am still driving however under section 88.
I have had no information as to what might still happen to me with regards to a medical, CDT test, another temp licence or what! I filled in the form honestly, and as I had a problem with alcohol in the last 3 years I ticked the box, although in the last 2 I have been OK. They heard back from my GP ages ago, and the whole thing is in the hands of their medical board.
Anyway, it sounds like your issue was only short term, so they might just write to your GP to make sure you are OK generally.

Good luck

Peter

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off