DVLA Medical test

Convicted Driver Insurance

dom1whit

hi everyone, I know there are a lot of threads already for this topic but none seem to match my specific questions. Hopefully someone can kindly share some information with me.
I have booked in for just over 2 weeks to have my dvla medical as a result of blowing over 90! my questions are:
1. me and the mrs make a habit of having 2/3 bottles of wine at a weekend. we work hard and like to unwind when we can, will this flag up as a problem on my test? I am going to stop for the next 2weeks and take milk thistle tablets aswell. should i be worried?
2. my ban is up on the 8th Nov, i have sent of my d27ph form yesterday so what is likely timescale of me getting my license in my hand, just that a job promotion kid of hinges on me having it back by December 7th.
many thanks in advance.

You should read this post from Millie, about her experience with a "binge" of 1 1/2 bottles of wine raising her CDT levels....

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/general-discussion/75501.htm

I am not sure where she got information about doctors saying a binge will not cause a problem, it has always been my understanding that sticking to sensible drinking levels of 21-28 units per week for a man, 14-21 units for a female for 5-6 weeks before your medical should reduce CDT results to a reasonable level, BUT that this needed to be spread out and a "binge" of 8 or more units on one session is likely to raise CDT results for some time, maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

You should read this post from Millie, about her experience with a "binge" of 1 1/2 bottles of wine raising her CDT levels....

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/general-discussion/75501.htm

I am not sure where she got information about doctors saying a binge will not cause a problem, it has always been my understanding that sticking to sensible drinking levels of 21-28 units per week for a man, 14-21 units for a female for 5-6 weeks before your medical should reduce CDT results to a reasonable level, BUT that this needed to be spread out and a "binge" of 8 or more units on one session is likely to raise CDT results for some time, maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

thanks for your reply, i have one more question if you dont mind assisting. My ban was due to end on sunday, (the 8th of nov) my employers were expecting me to have my license back for this date and are now asking questions as to why I havent. They have given me until the end of november for me to be driving again or i can risk losing my job. I have rang the DVLA who has escalated my application but cannot give me a rough date as to when i can expect it back. Can anyone give me a rough timescale on this. i have had a private blood test done last week and past with flying colours and no history of alcohol abuse in the past. just worried now that after 2years of working hard non stop to keep my job i can lose it over this ridiculous medical. thanks

thanks for your reply, i have one more question if you dont mind assisting. My ban was due to end on sunday, (the 8th of nov) my employers were expecting me to have my license back for this date and are now asking questions as to why I havent. They have given me until the end of november for me to be driving again or i can risk losing my job. I have rang the DVLA who has escalated my application but cannot give me a rough date as to when i can expect it back. Can anyone give me a rough timescale on this. i have had a private blood test done last week and past with flying colours and no history of alcohol abuse in the past. just worried now that after 2years of working hard non stop to keep my job i can lose it over this ridiculous medical. thanks

thought id give an update for anyone else in the future who is stuck in my situation and looking for answers. I spoke to the DVLA on friday afternoon (6th novem), they had had my application form for 8working days, i explained my situation and they were suprisingly helpful...they had escaleted my app to their highest priority and asked me to call them back later on the same day for an update. I called them back at 3pm and they had sent out the medical form to me 1st class with all the information about where my medical is etc and who the doctor is, I recieved this on wednesday 11th (today, obivously the 1st class part was a crock of bull***t) Phoned the doctors this morning and have an appointment for november the 16th so things are looking promising. so my advice to anyone who is in a similar situation, pester them everyday for updates, explain why you need it so urgent i.e job, familly issues etc and hopefully you get a helpful employee like I have.

thought id give an update for anyone else in the future who is stuck in my situation and looking for answers. I spoke to the DVLA on friday afternoon (6th novem), they had had my application form for 8working days, i explained my situation and they were suprisingly helpful...they had escaleted my app to their highest priority and asked me to call them back later on the same day for an update. I called them back at 3pm and they had sent out the medical form to me 1st class with all the information about where my medical is etc and who the doctor is, I recieved this on wednesday 11th (today, obivously the 1st class part was a crock of bull***t) Phoned the doctors this morning and have an appointment for november the 16th so things are looking promising. so my advice to anyone who is in a similar situation, pester them everyday for updates, explain why you need it so urgent i.e job, familly issues etc and hopefully you get a helpful employee like I have.

well, after 26months im finally able to drive again! just want to thank everyone on the forum who have helped answer the million questions i have had, very much appriciated all of your help. If anyone has any questions etc i would be more than happy to help, to the best of my knowledge and experience i have had....
Thankyou again

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off