DVLA MEDICAL

Convicted Driver Insurance

Harney

Hi Folks

For information, help and guidance purposes

I have been successful in my application for my licence following a CDT testing and medical review questionnaire, however the process has not at all been easy.
Attended my medical end of July and rang up every day consistently for results of my medical only to be told that staff are not medically trained to pass on information.
Relayed message ' I am not asking you to be medically trained but to inform me of my readings which I can interpret myself or get a professional to interpret them for me and that it is my licence for which I have done the the time for my crime and do not which to be punished any further'
Still no response as they request this via email, so sent an email to to eftd@dvla.gsi.gov.uk requesting this information. After numerous call daily and persistent I was able to obtain my CDT score percentage which was 0.6% (Beat that), this was due to abstinence from alcohol for 9 weeks, I have now been told I have my licence without any need for further information

Any questions and help please fire away

Hi,

Thank you for your post its so helpful. I went for my medical 29 July. I called for results an they won't give them.

When did u go for ur medical? apparently they dealing with the medical's scanned from 28 July.

How much did u drink before the medical?

Hi,

Thank you for your post its so helpful. I went for my medical 29 July. I called for results an they won't give them.

When did u go for ur medical? apparently they dealing with the medical's scanned from 28 July.

How much did u drink before the medical?

Hi Mate

Keep pestering them and send them an email as per my email address for DVLA in last post. Tell them that its your licence and that you are asking for the CDT results and will interpret the results yourself or get a medically trained expert to interpret them for you. Also tell them you are stressed out about it. You may get many refusals but ring them constantly and tell them you have put it in writing which takes them 4 days to acknowledge. I have even got my Driving Licence in my hand now. Persistent pays mate

I did not drink for 9 weeks and my reading was 0.6%, how long did you not drink for

Oh I went for my medical a day after you mate on 30th July. I did not mess about with these guys. Straight on the case. Could not see why I should be punished any further, just wanted peace of mind. Done the time for the crime as you may want to put it!!!

Well done, wow you got your licence back already, that is great. How long was your ban.

I stopped drinking 6 weeks before my medical.

Yeh I have sent them an email 4th Aug but had no response at all. Will try calling them again.

Thanks for ur reply

Well done, wow you got your licence back already, that is great. How long was your ban.

I stopped drinking 6 weeks before my medical.

Yeh I have sent them an email 4th Aug but had no response at all. Will try calling them again.

Thanks for ur reply
Hi,

They are obliged to give you the CDT results, but I was told to actually write them a short note and sign it (why, I don't know as you tell them all your details on the phone!). Anyway I had to stop drinking completely for 12 months, as I had seizures due to withdrawal from alcohol. My CDT was actually 0.7%, so I haven't beaten the record but I think at this low level the test is probably not accurate.
Good luck!

I had a similar experience last year. Had to pester them daily on the phone and send two emails and wait several weeks before they sent me a photocopy of the results via post. I think I got 1.1% even though I was drinking several pints a week right up to a few days before the medical...lol you beat that!

I got my licence through the post yesterday. So glad it's all over. Few more weeks an I can drive again.

Thank u for answering questions. If any one wants to ask anything I'm happy to help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off