DVLA MEDICAL

Convicted Driver Insurance

Harney

Hi Alex/Other users

Hope that you are good, I would like your advice about the CDT testing and the medical questionnaire.
I am due to get my licence back in October but have to go through a medical for failing to provide a sample of breath. Absolutely worried about it. My drink intake used to be 1/4 bottle of Vodka daily and 2/3 cans of normal 4% Lager. I have done this for the past 2 years except Sundays as for religious reasons where I don't Drink nor smoke.
However I require my licence back and have decided not to drink at all from now on. I am due to receive my application for my licence at the beginning of July and have refrained from any alcohol intake since end of May'15. I sincerely hope that you could answer the following questions if possible for me

1. What is the likelihood of me passing the CDT test and medical if I continue to refrain from drinking for 6 weeks or more?
2. Do they consult your GP?
3. How long after submitting your application for your Driving Licence do you hear from the DVLA about booking your medical appointment?
4. How long after the medical do you hear from the DVLA whether they will be issuing you your driving licence
5. How do you complete the medical questionnaire asking if you have a drink/alcohol problem, personally I do not think I have as I can refrain from it on a Sunday and have done so since the end of May' 15.
6. Does the questionnaire ask if you had an accident as a result of you alcohol consumption?

I am really worried about this and would appreciate some advice..............Thank You Kindly

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off