Does a drink driving ban effect jury duty ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Revjt

I was banned from driving for one year from 2009 March to 2010 March, I have been picked for jury duty coming up I'm looking at the form and im not sure if this is going to effect it. It asks if I have been imprisoned for public protection or dentition for public protection and im not sure if spending a few
Hours in the cell counts as detention or if I can have to tell about my conviction if it's even that

I was banned from driving for one year from 2009 March to 2010 March, I have been picked for jury duty coming up I'm looking at the form and im not sure if this is going to effect it. It asks if I have been imprisoned for public protection or dentition for public protection and im not sure if spending a few
Hours in the cell counts as detention or if I can have to tell about my conviction if it's even that

Spending a few hours in a cell is not classed as imprisonment or detention for public protection.

You can find out more information on this topic here which states that "Not all convictions count, but periods of imprisonment, a suspended sentence of imprisonment or probation can exclude you. When you are summoned for jury service, you will be asked to complete a summons form and this lists the types of convictions that have to be declared before you can serve on a jury. You will have to say if you have ever been sentenced to life imprisonment, or to imprisonment or youth custody for five years or more. You must also declare whether you have, in the last ten years, served any part of a sentence of imprisonment, youth custody or detention, received a suspended sentence or been subject to a community service order. You will also have to declare if you’ve been put on probation in the last five years or are currently on bail in criminal proceedings."

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off