advice on medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

monkey

Hi all
This is my first post so bear with me
I was cought drink driving blew over 100 got a 2 year ban and 100 hrs community service and a fine as I am a hro I have to take a medical.
I drink every day not loads 2 pints after work and 2 or 3 cans at. Home
I I have had problems with drink in the past and have been in hospital twice With alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
This was due to severe personal problems and after a bender.
I am worried that if the dvla doctor write to my doctor this may come up!
Has anyone else had this problem or any advice.
Many thanks

You have listed what you drink, but without knowing how often you drink that, or what the 'pints' are, or the cans (size and brand), it is hard to say what effect this would have on your medical. There is a test of CDT levels in your blood. 4 to 6 weeks of drinking within the guideline amount of 21-28 units per week max. should bring the CDT reading down to acceptable limits. You are also asked on the medical questionnaire form about any treatment you have had for alcohol issues. I would advise you to be honest in your answers. it may be tempting to not mention issues, but if they then carry out a check with your doctor you are likely to be without your licence for longer when tDVLA discover that you have lied on the questionnaire. Your doctor will be asked about any alcohol issues in the past 3 years. That does not mean that ANY issues will mean a refusal, but they will be taken into account as a part of the process.
If your treatment amounted to a detox, then DVLA will not consider giving you your licence back until a year has elapsed from the detox.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off