4 weeks abstinence - enough?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Livinginthepast

I am after advice! It will be exactly a year tomorrow since I was convicted of a failure to provide and received a 20 month ban, I have completed the course which takes 5 months off so with my limited maths skills I make that 1st of May and with any luck I'll be able to drive again, but......

Obviously as it was a failure to provide I am a high risk offender so this is where my questions start!

I have abstained from alcohol for January, and as yet haven't got a date for my medical yet but have a beer festival next weekend that a group of us have attended for years and really don't want to miss it BUT if getting my license back depends on it, that's a whole different matter!
I wouldn't class myself as a heavy drinker (but I guess none of us do?!) for the last 2 years it's only been Friday nights (prob 20 units) and Sunday afternoons (again prob 15 units). As I said I haven't touched any alcohol for January so bearing in mind the new CDT test I would like people's opinions on the odd night having a couple drinks? Will it completely stuff up my chances of being under the level needed to pass the CDT test?

Whilst I appreciate this may be a really stupid question I would welcome any comments to help me make the correct decision!!

You are on the right track to pass the medical.
the odd night with a "couple of drinks" will not be a problem, but from your weekend consumption of 35 units, you need to be sure that a "couple" is two, not the 5-7 pints you have on a Friday and Sunday.
Then there is the beer festival......... A different matter as I doubt that it would be a couple of drinks in the evening!
you have to ask yourself which is more important to you. At the moment you should be fine, if you go mad at this festival, it could cause a problem. Would it be better to give this one a miss and be sure of getting your licence back? Only you can decide.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off