DVLA Medical Questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

benk10

Hi I have my dvla medical in 2 days time and would just like to know for 100% if they do ask you to take a urine sample and also I attended a birthday party at the weekend and had a few drinks to celebrate and would just like to know the process of the medical so I know weather to set a later date or stick with the one I have thank you

I had my medical 2 weeks ago and I'm currently waiting on my results. I was not asked to give a urine sample even after telling them I had had some cocaine 3 months prior. They ask you a series of questions about drinking and drugs how much how often how long ago etc. they take your weight and height and then they check your breathing front and back with a stethoscope. After this they take your blood made you sign the paperwork and that's it. Only takes about 20 minutes all in all. I'll be happy to answer any more questions you have mate. Best of luck!

That great! Hope you get past it all without any problems! I've just sent my forms back to apply for my license.

Just a quick question.. How long did you abstain from alcohol before your test? I had some blood work back today and my ggt level is down to 141 and the rest are fine. I know it's measured on CDT but I guess lower results help.

Cheers

Matchs

I abstained for 2 weeks only, taking a risk I feel. However with the test being at it's latest date possible only 2 weeks after Christmas/New Years I felt compelled to have a few drinks. However I have spent most of this year drinking next to nothing so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Although I have read posts on here of people drinking right up to the weekend before and passing, so it's anybody's guess! Yeah definitely the lower the better! I will be sure to post and let you know when I get my results.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off