APPLYING FOR EARLY RETURN OF LICENCE

Convicted Driver Insurance

lovinasdad

Hello everyone, I was Banned 13/02/2012 for drink driving (2nd conviction) was banned for 4 years. I've just completed a course to reduce my ban by 25% meaning i can drive from 13/02/2015, however I know you can apply to get your licence back after completing half of the disqualification which i have done plus a few months.

I was just kinda wanting advice on how to write the letter to the courts, should i do it? a solicitor? i've attended numerous alcohol course while being banned with proof of this, got into the best physical shape ever from stopping drinking and i retrained to turn my career around. but now i've got the job of my dreams and need a car, also to drive the works van and see/spend time with my daughter.

If i lose this job i'll be knackered!

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Gareth.

Hello everyone, I was Banned 13/02/2012 for drink driving (2nd conviction) was banned for 4 years. I've just completed a course to reduce my ban by 25% meaning i can drive from 13/02/2015, however I know you can apply to get your licence back after completing half of the disqualification which i have done plus a few months.

I was just kinda wanting advice on how to write the letter to the courts, should i do it? a solicitor? i've attended numerous alcohol course while being banned with proof of this, got into the best physical shape ever from stopping drinking and i retrained to turn my career around. but now i've got the job of my dreams and need a car, also to drive the works van and see/spend time with my daughter.

If i lose this job i'll be knackered!

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Gareth.

You have pretty much answered your own question.

Make reference to the fact that you have attended numerous alcohol courses, listened to the advice and rehabilitated which has turned your life around in a positive way. You have retrained and now have the opportunity of a dream job/career with the condition that you are able to drive. If I were you, I would make a small reference with the opportunity to see your daughter, with the emphasis on the new job/career giving you a stable future.

You have pretty much answered your own question.

Make reference to the fact that you have attended numerous alcohol courses, listened to the advice and rehabilitated which has turned your life around in a positive way. You have retrained and now have the opportunity of a dream job/career with the condition that you are able to drive. If I were you, I would make a small reference with the opportunity to see your daughter, with the emphasis on the new job/career giving you a stable future.

Thanks for the reply,
I understand this, it's more the formalities of the process which I don't understand. need tips/advice on how to go about it.

thanks

Everything I need to know is not all on that link really. I'm just thinking what should my first letter involve? example; do i state the full argument for why i think i should have it back early, including character references etc. Or is it just to request a hearing? ..

You just request a hearing at this stage. Your submissions about a change in your circumstances are made in person when your case is heard. I have to say that support from a solicitor in these cases in beneficial, what seems important to you may not be what the court sees as important. A solicitor will focus on the issues that matter, and in a way that the court are more likely to be sympathetic towards.

I've been in contact with a local solicitor who is going to take my case. £360 all in. i'll let you know the outcome.

Hi,

I wondered how you had gotten on with your application for early release and whether or not it had been granted?

I'll be looking to do this, albeit in 2016 :-( !! Only there won't be any way possible for me to employ a Solicitor, I'll need to 'go it alone' so to speak.

Be good to hear your outcome x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off