Job application advice and dvla query

Convicted Driver Insurance

xc-man

Hi,I am embarrassed to admit I have a DR10 dating back to 1998. I have recently applied for a job in France for the coming winter ski season, part of which involves doing airport transfers for guest.so far in the application I have only been asked if I've held a UK driving licence for over 5 years which I answered yes and put nothing else.the next stage is either a physical or phone interview where I am predicting I am lieyl to be asked if my licence is clean which I assume the answer must be no? however if not asked do I have to declare it? I am als aware that it may be frowned upon if not asked then they ask to see my licence.furthermore my conviction date on my licence is late november 1998 and was sentenced about a month later so what date will the dvla take when counting the 11 years to get it removed? the job is likely to start in mid december so if the dvla use date of conviction could therefore presumably have a clean licence on my first day? also how quickly can the dvla return my "clean" licence as it seems the turn around time is 3 weeks - is there an express serivce?any help would be massively appreciated,thank you in advance.

You don't have to declare anything. Self-incrimination is akin to shooting yourself in the foot lol.

That aside, under the 1974 Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. You have no obligation to disclose a conviction that has become spent. If your DD was solely DD it is already spent. Just get on with your job.

Regards,

Gunner TK

Hi,I am embarrassed to admit I have a DR10 dating back to 1998. I have recently applied for a job in France for the coming winter ski season, part of which involves doing airport transfers for guest.so far in the application I have only been asked if I've held a UK driving licence for over 5 years which I answered yes and put nothing else.the next stage is either a physical or phone interview where I am predicting I am lieyl to be asked if my licence is clean which I assume the answer must be no? however if not asked do I have to declare it? I am als aware that it may be frowned upon if not asked then they ask to see my licence.furthermore my conviction date on my licence is late november 1998 and was sentenced about a month later so what date will the dvla take when counting the 11 years to get it removed? the job is likely to start in mid december so if the dvla use date of conviction could therefore presumably have a clean licence on my first day? also how quickly can the dvla return my "clean" licence as it seems the turn around time is 3 weeks - is there an express serivce?any help would be massively appreciated,thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off