Driving while awaiting medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ag654

Am I legally allowed to drive while awaiting my medical which is booked for at the end of the month (may) my ban is up on the 13th may and was convicted before the law changed in June 2013

Yes you are..... Providing you have submitted your application a and your doctor does not give you any indication that you should not drive.
You should ask DVLA for written confirmation that you can drive under Section 88 Road Traffic Act 1988. This will then give you something to show the Police in the event of you being stopped.

No way mine is finished on the 13th may aswell i had alot of trouble as my medical isnt until 02/06/2014 and try getting clarification from DVLA is such a grey area and went to the local police station and came away knowing nothing , who have you got your car insurance through cheers :)

No way mine is finished on the 13th may aswell i had alot of trouble as my medical isnt until 02/06/2014 and try getting clarification from DVLA is such a grey area and went to the local police station and came away knowing nothing , who have you got your car insurance through cheers :)

Hiya, contact the DVLA again as the DVLA are the people who issue you with a letter confirming that you can drive under section 88 if this is relevant to you, I drove using it. Not a lot of point going to your local police station but the DVLA should know what you mean. I got my letter very quickly after asking for it and drove using it for just over a week... I would not drive without it. Mine was a DR40 charge but I got insured with Aviva via think Insurance who contacted me via this site as did some other companies...

It is worth shopping around.

Moodle

Hi there, i contacted the dvla yesterday after prices' reply and they told me i am able to drive, my medical is booked for the 3rd of june also. They said aslong as docs got no issues i can drive which im in prettu good healthy anyway so no problems there. I asked for confirmation on this in writing incase i get stopped and he typed the letter up while i was on the phone, very help full definately ring then, providing you were convicted before june 2013 you can drive. Happy days

Also my cheapest quotes were through insurance factory 1100 for the year, 26 male btw. Got a big list from the driving driving course will list a few insurers later for you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off