Blew 51 and 48

Convicted Driver Insurance

pavdha

Hey

i got pulled over a couple of nights ago and was breathalysed by the road side and blew 59, I was arrested and taken to the station.

I was was told to give 2 more samples of breath, where I blew 51 and 48 which was about 30 mins after being pulled over.

I was was then given the option to take a blood test to which I agreed and it was 1 hour after the breath test that blood was taken.

I am am a male 5ft 9 14 stones.

I am am worried what my blood test results will be as after the blood test I was taken back to my at where I blew 29 and was 30 mins after the blood test.

Basically do you think I have any chance of being under the legal blood limit?

Thanks

You can discount the 59 and the 29 readings because they were on handheld devices that only give an indication what your reading is.
So what you have are 2 readings of 51 and 48, which were replaced by a blood sample an hour later. The amount your reading might decrease in that time varies according to several factors, including how long it is since you were drinking, and when you ate, as well as your size which you quoted.
can you confirm what period of time you were drinking over, what you drank, when you ate in relation to the drinking and how much later you were breath tested after you stopped drinking? Then I may be able to give you a range for the likely outcome.

You can discount the 59 and the 29 readings because they were on handheld devices that only give an indication what your reading is.
So what you have are 2 readings of 51 and 48, which were replaced by a blood sample an hour later. The amount your reading might decrease in that time varies according to several factors, including how long it is since you were drinking, and when you ate, as well as your size which you quoted.
can you confirm what period of time you were drinking over, what you drank, when you ate in relation to the drinking and how much later you were breath tested after you stopped drinking? Then I may be able to give you a range for the likely outcome.

firstly THANKYOU for your reply.

I know now it's late but can't sleep going stir crazy over the whole situation.

Ok so I started to drink at 19:30 til 00:00 and I drank 6 400ml 6% bottles of desperado red tequila beers, I also had 1 shot of about 40ml 37.5% proof of vodka mixed with lemonade. I ate at about 11pm and this was a turkey stir fry with noodles home made. Again I'm about 5ft 9/10 male and weigh 14stones maybe a few pounds more than 14 stone. I was breathalysed at the station at 1:30am which read first at 51 and second at 48 and the blood was taken about 2:25am. I was given a sample of my own which I have sent to a lab today at £120.

Any by advice would be much appreciated as I know if I lose my licence I'm bound to lose my job.

Thanks

To be honest, I would have expected your breath reading to have been higher with that amount of alcohol consumed.
That perhaps indicates that you are a regular drinker whose liver has had some "training" and is working faster than an average one at eliminating alcohol.
My best estimate is that your reading will come back at 85 to 95 in blood, with the legal limit being 80. This would depend on whether the reading of 51 or 48 was the true reflection of how much alcohol was in your breath. You will have to sweat it out until your sample come back, which should only be 4-5 days but the Bank Holiday may delay that.

I have had a call today from the lab that I took my blood to and they have told me the result is 88mg and would have 6 taken off by the police giving me 82mg. Is there any likely chance the police may come up with 86 which would put me in the clear eg is there much or any difference between laboratory results?

Thanks

Pavdha,
the laboratory gave you the actual reading for the blood sample, and the Police one is most likely to be the same, but, as you say, their laboratory deduct 6 to give a certain reading to warrant taking someone's licence away. You are looking at being prosecuted at 82, or even 81, as the charge will be that you exceeded the legal limit of 80.
It is most unlikely that the reading will come back at 80 or less, I'm afraid.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off