CDT Medical PRIVATE blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

bexbg

I am overly nervous about this whole CDT blood test that I will be forced to do as part of the DVLA medical. I have spent weeks now reading peoples posts and my fear has grown more and more. Constant tales of people who are 'healthy' and still failing. Anyway, I am sure this has been mentioned many times before but I did a little snooping and found many private blood test agencies who will (for a fee) do a complete CDT test with a turnaround of about a week or so. The cheapest one I can find so far is £120 and takes place at one of the many Spire Hospitals in the UK. £120 of money well spent if it can give me the peace of mind that I crave.

I know that my GP can perform a LFT test (Liver function) but can they do the CDT test on request? I would love to know.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note. The total I paid was £76 as they have a discount code 'marchmed' which can be used during the month of March to waiver the £39.95 fee normally paid for phlebotomy and medical charges.

I am simply going to carry on as normal and see what results I get. I expect to pass with flying colours, but I will let you know either way.

Last edited:
speak to your doctor and ask for a referal to the hospital for a blood test. you can't just go to the hospital, your gp has to refer you.
the test costs £4.98 and your gp is emailed the results the following day.

speak to your doctor and ask for a referal to the hospital for a blood test. you can't just go to the hospital, your gp has to refer you.
the test costs £4.98 and your gp is emailed the results the following day.
hAve you found this out since your other post about this Europhil? I paid for the private test but actually that came back the day after my medical anyway so was a complete waste of money and a long walk from Reading Station to the Spire..... If you haven't been going hell for leather with booze for a month or so or a bit more I cant see why it wouldn't be ok.... it might be my test came back a bit longer due to the fact I also had a LFT too but I am sure it was the CDT that took longer when reading up on it....

Great if a GP can refer to a local hospital.

All the best,
Moodle

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off