Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: DVLNI Medical Northern Ireland

strontium90 is offline Member

Thumbs down DVLNI Medical Northern Ireland

Ok...I've scoured this forum for definitive answers but can't find answers regarding NI...

My ban (Three years) ended in September but here in NI, they don't helpfully write to you to inform you the ban is finished...

I phoned Coleraine (as opposed to Swansea) in October to ask when my Ban was up....they informed me September...

I asked how much it was for a new provisional and they said 323!!!???!! as I was HRO (had refused Blood sample)...FFS

Sent the DL1 and cheque at start of November....got form back in a week saying they couldn't recognise the hand writing of a JP who had signed my photo...had to resubmit it...FFS

Emailed as no response after four weeks...

Received a letter from DVLNI yesterday telling me I would receive notice to go for a medical in due course (find out my ethnic group etc?)...

Does any one know if the questionnaire is the same as this http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_066648.pdf

and do they write to your GP in all cases?

The reason I ask is that I did a 4 week rehab program last December and have been alcohol free since then...I am not worried about the blood test as my LFT was fine even before rehab...

Should I tell them this (rehab) or should I "misunderstand" the question...if my blood is fine will they have no need to write to my GP...(Blood CDT being in the "green" category)...I have smoked dope in the past but not for several years so don't see any need to open that can of worms...

Also does Section 88 apply over here as I need my provisional to drive an agricultural tractor (I'm a farmer)

Default Re: DVLNI Medical Northern Ireland

Can't find an edit button so have to post reply...It says I need photo ID and my passport has just run out so will take a few weeks to renew...don't have anything else...it says an approved photo signed by an appropriate person...what does this mean?

AndyCabs is offline Established Member

Hey. Am also from NI and my ban ends next week. I was also banned for 3 years which ended in September but was caught driving whilst disqualified and received a further years ban which applied from the court date last December. I am also classed as a HRO and have to resit the test and go for a medical.

I phoned the office in Coleraine and was told the ban ended in September so I sent the application with the 323 payment. I got a call from the office to say they had made a mistake with the dates and the ban ended in December (as above) and to reapply closer to the time. I got the form and payment returned. I reapplied about 3 weeks ago. I phoned to ensure they had received it and was informed they cannot process the application until the ban ends and they would try to get me a medical as close after the ban date ends.

I have had 3 blood tests done by my local doctor (Flu like symptoms) and have been informed my Liver results are fine. I am not a heavy drinker and dont consider I have a dependency, I drink Vodka, maybe a few evenings a week but have decided not to drink until my Medical. I dont use drugs at all.

I was hoping i would be driving again by the New Year - but reading your post that seems unlikely.

Moodle is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by strontium90 View Post
    Ok...I've scoured this forum for definitive answers but can't find answers regarding NI...

My ban (Three years) ended in September but here in NI, they don't helpfully write to you to inform you the ban is finished...

I phoned Coleraine (as opposed to Swansea) in October to ask when my Ban was up....they informed me September...

I asked how much it was for a new provisional and they said 323!!!???!! as I was HRO (had refused Blood sample)...FFS

Sent the DL1 and cheque at start of November....got form back in a week saying they couldn't recognise the hand writing of a JP who had signed my photo...had to resubmit it...FFS

Emailed as no response after four weeks...

Received a letter from DVLNI yesterday telling me I would receive notice to go for a medical in due course (find out my ethnic group etc?)...

Does any one know if the questionnaire is the same as this http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum.../dg_066648.pdf

and do they write to your GP in all cases?

The reason I ask is that I did a 4 week rehab program last December and have been alcohol free since then...I am not worried about the blood test as my LFT was fine even before rehab...

Should I tell them this (rehab) or should I "misunderstand" the question...if my blood is fine will they have no need to write to my GP...(Blood CDT being in the "green" category)...I have smoked dope in the past but not for several years so don't see any need to open that can of worms...

Also does Section 88 apply over here as I need my provisional to drive an agricultural tractor (I'm a farmer)
    Hiya, I have no idea of the difference in procedures between England and NI however I recently had the medical and have looked at the form you have put on here, I think that the form used in my medical in November wasn't quite the same as this one, for a start it asked lots of questions about drugs too and the emphasis was very much on the last 3 year window for many of the questions i.e. detox/memory etc and the format just doesn't look quite the same.....

They did not contact my GP....and someone else just got their licence back with no GP contact either, I answered no to all questions because that was the truth, in my honest opinion I think that if you tell them about the rehab then the chances are quite likely that they will contact your GP...it's a tough call for you...

I have found the revised form now please look at this link this is exactly what I was asked....the doctor did say it had changed recently and clearly this was revised in June this year...

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...208241/DR1.pdf

All the best...
    Moodle

Thanks for the replies...will keep you all abreast of what happens so to enlighten others from NI...

This is the revised form for England, would probably be the same as the one used in NI. Pages 2 - 4 seem to have been revised in November 2013.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...60704/DR1V.pdf

This may also be helpful concerning Section 88

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/inf...lification.htm

It seems you cannot drive if you have been disqualified until you receive a licence.

I received an email from them today saying my file was with a doctor...I should get an appointment in a couple of weeks...does anyone know where the medical takes place in NI and what sort of Dr does it...i.e. normal Dr or psychologist?

Hey - have you heard anything about your medical. I would assume its a Doctor as I would doubt a psychologist would be allowed to extract blood for analysis.

My ban ended last Thursday and I noticed the 323 payment hasn't been deducted from my bank. I phoned Coleraine today and was told it would be 4 weeks to wait for an appointment and another 2 for the blood test results. I was told the Doctor would contact me directly for an appointment. I think I will phone the Court Section to make sure they have passed my details on to the Doctor as I spoke to a guy on the helpdesk.

I would like to think they would get a Doctor close to where you live - I am in Belfast and hope it is somewhere close.

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyCabs View Post
    Hey - have you heard anything about your medical. I would assume its a Doctor as I would doubt a psychologist would be allowed to extract blood for analysis.

My ban ended last Thursday and I noticed the 323 payment hasn't been deducted from my bank. I phoned Coleraine today and was told it would be 4 weeks to wait for an appointment and another 2 for the blood test results. I was told the Doctor would contact me directly for an appointment. I think I will phone the Court Section to make sure they have passed my details on to the Doctor as I spoke to a guy on the helpdesk.

I would like to think they would get a Doctor close to where you live - I am in Belfast and hope it is somewhere close.
    I'm afraid not Andy....I had a letter dated 4th Dec and the email on the 10th...the reason I mentioned a psychologist is that in the email they said my file was with Dr Flanagan...my consultant was called Dr Flanagan (and if it's her I will have to object as it will clearly breach Doctor-Patient confidentiality i.e. I told her a lot of private stuff)
    I'm effing sick of Coleraine and hope they close it as soon as possible...I posted my application for a passport last Wednesday and received the new one yesterday (from England) as I need photographic id for their medical...less than a week...this is going on 2 months...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast