Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: DVLNI Medical Northern Ireland

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: DVLNI Medical Northern Ireland

I understand your anxiety, after all, it is your licence we are talking about, not mine so you have a lot to lose, or gain in this case!
    best plan, phone and avoid the situation....
    hypothetically, if she put in her report as the examining doctor, things which she had been told in confidence then that would, I feel, break that trust, but again, if she reported what she found, and the answers that you provided, DVLNI could then write to her as one of your doctors for her opinion as your doctor, where if she then disclosed matters of confidence, that would not be a breach of trust. People are usually advised on this forum to apply for their medical, having first obtained their doctors opinion on the application, so they can be confident that if the matter is referred to their own doctor, they can be sure of their support.
    If you have told Dr Flanagan about matters that mean that you should not get your licence back, it would be better for you, and other road users, that you do not get it back. You have said that a number of other people have left the unit and driven, are you in a worse position than them, or are you worrying too much unnecessarily?
    Either way, phone DVLNI, then put it to one side and enjoy Christmas, worrying will not change the outcome.

strontium90 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by price1367 View Post
    I understand your anxiety, after all, it is your licence we are talking about, not mine so you have a lot to lose, or gain in this case!
    best plan, phone and avoid the situation....
    hypothetically, if she put in her report as the examining doctor, things which she had been told in confidence then that would, I feel, break that trust, but again, if she reported what she found, and the answers that you provided, DVLNI could then write to her as one of your doctors for her opinion as your doctor, where if she then disclosed matters of confidence, that would not be a breach of trust. People are usually advised on this forum to apply for their medical, having first obtained their doctors opinion on the application, so they can be confident that if the matter is referred to their own doctor, they can be sure of their support.
    If you have told Dr Flanagan about matters that mean that you should not get your licence back, it would be better for you, and other road users, that you do not get it back. You have said that a number of other people have left the unit and driven, are you in a worse position than them, or are you worrying too much unnecessarily?
    Either way, phone DVLNI, then put it to one side and enjoy Christmas, worrying will not change the outcome.
    Thanks for the reply...as you can see I'm a natural worrier...I don't intend to phone anybody or do anything until I receive written confirmation of what exactly is going on...

Hopefully I can see Dr Flanagan before the medical as I have an appointment in Jan I think...if she's performing the medical I will object and will tell her why and probably not go back to her in any NHS capacity..

As for the things I told her...it was drug experimenting while at Uni in my 20's (30 years ago) and I wasn't treated for drug problems...my own GP doesn't know and it has no bearing on my life...I also had depression during my divorce several years ago but received no treatment and got over it...I'm not on any medication..

I will keep you all up to date if anything happens...happy Xmas to you too

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

There was me worrying that it was something serious.......
    the most history they will look at is the past 3 years, for alcohol or drug misuse that could impact on your ability to drive now.
    from what you say, you will be able to give honest answers to all the questions you will be asked and have no problem with getting your licence back. We all have things in our past that we would rather forget, or wished had never happened. If the Authorities looked at everyone's life store, few of us would be driving!

AndyCabs is offline Established Member

Hey Strontium - that is such bad luck.

You should wait until you get the appointment letter and confirmed date and time and if the appointment is with your Consultant then you should contact the DVLNI and rearrange another Doctor and location citing the 'conflict of interest'.

I contacted the DVLNI and they wouldnt let me speak to the Courts Section - I was informed again I would get an appointment from the Doctor in 4 weeks but no doubt with the holidays it will be later.

It's sh*t over here in Norn Iron Andycaps...looks like they're in no hurry with your Medical....The sooner they close that dump in Coleraine the better and we can have fair treatment to the rest of the UK...

As far as I'm concerned I've served my punishment...I'm now being punished for seeking help and trying to sort myself out..

Let us know when your notification is and where and good luck with it...

AndyCabs is offline Established Member

Hi Strontium,

Finally got some movement in respect of the medical. I received a letter today from Coleraine to say I have now been referred to the Medical Advisor to arrange the appointment for the medical - that only took 4 weeks since my disqualification ended!!!!

It didn't give any specific details as to where this will be held but I phoned Coleraine last Monday and was informed it would be in Belfast. At least things seem to be moving but I wonder how long it will be before I get an appointment.

Any update on what is happening with your medical.

No word yet Andycaps...The letter I got telling me I should hear within a couple of weeks was dated 4-12-13....

Got my appointment...A lady phoned me at 5.45pm and offered me an appointment tomorrow morning at 9am...it was too short of notice so it's now on Feb 3rd in knockbracken mental health facility near Belfast (what used to be called Purdysburn)....this is the largest in patient nuthouse in Northern Ireland...

Why in Northern Ireland are drivers sent to the asylum for their medical,,,I take it the Dr WILL be a psychologist, not a normal doctor...

Moodle is offline Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by strontium90 View Post
    Got my appointment...A lady phoned me at 5.45pm and offered me an appointment tomorrow morning at 9am...it was too short of notice so it's now on Feb 3rd in knockbracken mental health facility near Belfast (what used to be called Purdysburn)....this is the largest in patient nuthouse in Northern Ireland...

Why in Northern Ireland are drivers sent to the asylum for their medical,,,I take it the Dr WILL be a psychologist, not a normal doctor...
    How utterly bizarre!!!!

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    My medical will be performed by a Dr Paul Bell

Professional Description:
    Consultant General Adult Community Psychiatrist

Qualifications:
    MB Bch BAO, MD, FRCPsych

Department of Psychiatry
    Knockbracken Healthcare Park
    Saintfield Road