Blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

kemz

Ite so here's the deal:
To start the process of getting my licence back I have to undergo two medical exams. The first is a blood and urine test, the second is a psychological evaluation and urine and eye vision tests.
I have read online and have been told that blood tests can detect alcohol for up to 4 weeks (28 days), one site said 14-28 days. Somewhere it was commented that this is with moderate-heavy drinking.
I have 20 days until my blood test. Yesterday, being the fool that I am, I consumed about 1.5 small plastic glasses of mixed alcohol. So tops, maybe a small plastic cup worth, something like 180-200 ml, of hard liquor.

Now I am stressing out that this will show up on the exams... I am 8 days off schedule. The letter I received said that they recommend moderating alcohol use and abstaining from drugs. Previously I was comfortable knowing that I have no drank in a whole month prior to this, so was confident I would pass with flying colors. Now I'm stressing out..
On the moment I thought I could throw it in that I had two glasses of wine 3 weeks prior. But now I realize that this was a bad judgement call on my part.

My question is... will it even show up on the test? 200ml seems like a very small ammount, and first drop of alcohol I've had in at least 5 weeks. Should I be worried?
I also have the option of postponing the exam, but this will cost extra. Should I maybe do that?

Kemz,
stop worrying!
The test is designed to Show if a person is alcohol DEPENDANT. What you have described is hardly that!
the test will show if you have been drinking heavily in the past 6 to 8 weeks. As long as you have been within the guidelines of 21 to 28 units per week, you should have no problem, so don't delay the medical.
in fact, perhaps you should have a (small) drink to relax after being so worried.

Thanks a lot prince1367!
Your post relieved me down quite a bit. The information I received did seem to point out that the exams are aimed towards weeding out cases where drug (ab)use could be problematic in relation to driving. And ye... actually I completely forgot I had 2 beers a week prior to all this :/, but even then the total of everything consumed these 2 weeks would definitely not exceed the recommended weekly amount. So looks like I'm in the clear! Won't be delaying the medical.
Ima pass on that proposal :) and try to relax simply knowing that I am on my way to fixing the situation, and a shiny new permit :)

Once again thanks for the advise and information!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off