Driving License refused twice - thanks DVLA

Convicted Driver Insurance

swazzy

So, it appears the DVLA judge people on what's written in a book and not on personal matters.
I was alcohol dependant over a year ago. I've served my ban, been abstinent for what 15 months. I had one drink last August to celebrate my sons birthday. Unfortunately, honesty is definitely not the right policy. I am now judged a high risk of relapsing because of this.
Never assume that the medical questionnaire the DVLA send you will be read in conjunction with Doctors notes. It doesnt. I thought it would have so I declared honesty which if not, would have got me in trouble if the doctor had said it.
I coudl have lied about this one drink and now my license wouldnt have been refused twice on the grounds of "evidence of dependence in the last 12 months " and / or "misuse in the past 6 months"
Thanks DVLA. Another Government funded balls up if you ask me
Next time I will lie. Like so many others before me. Tell no-one anything
What a waste of money the driving awareness course was. The time scale is now longer than the original ban!!

additional - I dont think the copy of my blood tests nor the letter from my own doctor, who knows me better than anyone at the DVLA, has even been looked at!?

The DVLA must act more considerately and not, just because they're busy or understaffed, just go on a book, but acting on who we are, the people who have done everything , I mean everything at considerable cost to ensure we are the people we are.

I'm no alki sitting on some park bench, I am a professional who is now at risk of losing their job...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off