a little worried about the medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

stevechapman284

Hello everyone,

A few years ago I was going through a crisis and drank really heavily over quite a long period of time and I probably would say I was dependant at the time. One day Id had way to much to drive so decided to sleep in car, i got woken up and arrested for drunk in charge, recieved a 6mth ban and £95 fine but got 12mth probation, had to attend the DID coarse and regular meetings with IMPACT as a condition. I went through all that and my life was getting pretty much back on track, id cut the alcohol intake right down etc etc until I had a relationship breakdown after 11yrs with my fiancee and have now lost everything. I have been keeping my alcohol intake low compared to what a monster I was before. I do still like a drink but only socially now but its still over (about 30-35 units a week, mainly at the weekends) the recommended weekly units the guidelines say.

Its been 2yrs since my arrest and 18mths since my ban finished. I have to go for this medical when I save up the money to pay for it but what is the realistic acceptable levels in the tests they do?, an explaination in idiots terms would be good.

I know what some will say, dont drink at all for a period of time, but how long is that, im pretty healthy and not on any medication or anything?

Some people say take suplements to help, but which ones are worth the effort? it gets very confusing reading through the various threads on here.

Im staying with family at the min and the first stage of getting my life in order is getting transport and being properly mobile again so any help would be extremely appreciated.

I know i wont be drinking when I have transport with me again and have learned a lot on the DID course and with the help IMPACT gave me. Its been ok without my licence, walking, buses and taxi's etc but i feel now is the time to start putting things right in my life.

Many thanks
Steve

Hello everyone,

A few years ago I was going through a crisis and drank really heavily over quite a long period of time and I probably would say I was dependant at the time. One day Id had way to much to drive so decided to sleep in car, i got woken up and arrested for drunk in charge, recieved a 6mth ban and £95 fine but got 12mth probation, had to attend the DID coarse and regular meetings with IMPACT as a condition. I went through all that and my life was getting pretty much back on track, id cut the alcohol intake right down etc etc until I had a relationship breakdown after 11yrs with my fiancee and have now lost everything. I have been keeping my alcohol intake low compared to what a monster I was before. I do still like a drink but only socially now but its still over (about 30-35 units a week, mainly at the weekends) the recommended weekly units the guidelines say.

Its been 2yrs since my arrest and 18mths since my ban finished. I have to go for this medical when I save up the money to pay for it but what is the realistic acceptable levels in the tests they do?, an explaination in idiots terms would be good.

I know what some will say, dont drink at all for a period of time, but how long is that, im pretty healthy and not on any medication or anything?

Some people say take suplements to help, but which ones are worth the effort? it gets very confusing reading through the various threads on here.

Im staying with family at the min and the first stage of getting my life in order is getting transport and being properly mobile again so any help would be extremely appreciated.

I know i wont be drinking when I have transport with me again and have learned a lot on the DID course and with the help IMPACT gave me. Its been ok without my licence, walking, buses and taxi's etc but i feel now is the time to start putting things right in my life.

Many thanks
Steve

Unfortunately there is no scientific procedure that you can follow in order for you to pass the DVLA medical. A lot of people refrain from drinking alcohol before taking the medical and the time period which they do so varies. Many also take milk thistle or other supplements. Many people are also T-total. The state of your liver also plays a big part. A lot of people request liver function tests from their GP before actually spend money on taking the DVLA medical.

You can use the search feature of the forum in order to find other posts about the DVLA medical, you can also find more information here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off