medical advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

chamcham

HI...im currently serving a 12 month ban.im due to take a medical in order to get my licence back which i believe involves a blood test,im wanting to know if they will only test for alcohol and will any other substances show up?..i ask this because i recently smoked cannibis a few times now im worried this might cause another problem. please help

HI...im currently serving a 12 month ban.im due to take a medical in order to get my licence back which i believe involves a blood test,im wanting to know if they will only test for alcohol and will any other substances show up?..i ask this because i recently smoked cannibis a few times now im worried this might cause another problem. please help

Drivers banned from driving due to an alcohol related offence who are required to undertake a DVLA medical to prove their fitness to drive are tested for alcohol misuse and/or dependence. A part of this procedure is a blood test which tests liver functionality.

Some people are also required to provide a urine specimen which can reveal drug use. If persistent use or dependence on drugs can be proved then DVLA can refuse to issue a driving licence until a minumum six month period free of such use has been attained. Smoking cannabis a few times is unlikely to qualify as persistent use and/or dependence.

You can find a lot more information on the DVLA medical and the current medical standards of fitness to drive here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off