Any ideas?? CONFUSION over 'Proof of No Claims Bonus'

Convicted Driver Insurance

machines

From ADMIRAL i've what i believe to be my proof of no claims..This letter is dated 17/10/10

It states expiry/cancellation date of policy : 21/6/10

Below that it says: No Claims Bonus at date of issue : Three year(s)

Below that is the claim details: Date Bonus status Cost of claim
20/6/10 Allowed £350.57
5/5/08 At Fault £1845

A little background info - I had an accident where my car was written off around the 20/6/10 (subsequently disqualified for drink driving) . No claim was made by me as i was over the limit so they wouldnt have paid anything out anyway !

The 5/5/08 at fault was on a car requiring a new exhaust etc system; the repair was too costly for the insurance company chose so they opted to write off the car and they paid me out...

My question is this - Do i actually have these three years worth of no claims ?
What does 'allowed' actually mean ?
Can i move to another insurance company with these no claims or are admiral one of those companies who dont honour them elsewhere ?

P.s. From viewing the one paged proof of no claims document it does appear as though they are saying that i have three years no claims, but just not sure as obviously the accident i had in june 2010 was just over 2 years from the may 2008 claim i made....so i'm thinking have they just given me that 'extra' third year as i had only just entered it with them prior to the accident ?

From ADMIRAL i've what i believe to be my proof of no claims..This letter is dated 17/10/10

It states expiry/cancellation date of policy : 21/6/10

Below that it says: No Claims Bonus at date of issue : Three year(s)

Below that is the claim details: Date Bonus status Cost of claim
20/6/10 Allowed £350.57
5/5/08 At Fault £1845

A little background info - I had an accident where my car was written off around the 20/6/10 (subsequently disqualified for drink driving) . No claim was made by me as i was over the limit so they wouldnt have paid anything out anyway !

The 5/5/08 at fault was on a car requiring a new exhaust etc system; the repair was too costly for the insurance company chose so they opted to write off the car and they paid me out...

My question is this - Do i actually have these three years worth of no claims ?
What does 'allowed' actually mean ?
Can i move to another insurance company with these no claims or are admiral one of those companies who dont honour them elsewhere ?

P.s. From viewing the one paged proof of no claims document it does appear as though they are saying that i have three years no claims, but just not sure as obviously the accident i had in june 2010 was just over 2 years from the may 2008 claim i made....so i'm thinking have they just given me that 'extra' third year as i had only just entered it with them prior to the accident ?

The majority of insurers only accept a no claims bonus if it is less than two years old, however some companies may accept a no claims bonus if it is less than three years old. My advice to you would be to contact admiral who can assist you in clarifying the situation regarding your no claims bonus and issue you with up to date proof of your no claims bonus if need be.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off