Employment checks for a new job after conviction.

Convicted Driver Insurance

richy

Hello,

While I'm grateful for you reading, please can I ask only those with direct experience to answer? I can find lots of answers on the web, but nothing specific.

my situation is as follows:

I was sentenced on 2 September 2011 got a GBP1300 fine and 24 month ban. I have completed an alcohol awareness course and have a DVLA medical blood test on 2nd January, which I will pass.

I am on to a third round HR interview and this is where criminal record checks will come in to play.

The role is as a project manager (not a controlled function) at an investment bank.

(naturally I will be telling them about the conviction)

has anyone been at this stage of interview with an IB and been refused because of their conviction?

As I say, please don't answer with "you should be ok" , " just wait and see" - I've read lots of that, but I'd really like to hear from someone with direct IB experience.

thanks in advance.

so no-one could help, apparently.

I'm pleased to say that I passed the medical and have got my licence back (starting 2 March).

I'm also pleased to say that having told the investment bank recruiters about the drink driving conviction and provided documentation and evidence, I have been told today that I have passed the on-boarding checks and will start my new job on 4 March.

Finally, my insurance. I have found insurance (including excess cover) for only £50 more than the renewal quote I got just before my ban.

life does get back to normal everyone.

...and I will NEVER do it again.​

Congrats on the job.

I too am a project manager (contractor) and concerned about the same problem. Nice to know recruiters still give offenders a chance as long as they are the best fit for the job. I had an accident Saturday, no-one else involved. Blew 55mg. Court date 13th March. Did you get a solicitor? What would your recomendation be? Im leaning towards no. ANy advice welcome?

Hi b2,

If you read through this website you are looking at a minimum 12 month ban, reduced to 9 months if you are accepted on the drink drive rehabilitation course, this reduces a conviction by a third. You need to make sure you ask for it at the court hearing as its not an automatic entitlement.

On the day at Court it will depend on the Magistrate as to what further penalties they will impose, the amount of the fine and extent of the ban.

If you have any mitigating circumstances, say under stress, family or financial problems it may be worth getting a Solicitor or if not than ask for the Duty Solicitor. The fact you had an accident may be an aggravating factor to the Magistrate to impose a longer ban or larger fine but it depends on the Magistrate and the mood they are in.

Good Luck.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off