got stopped lastnight, reading of 48, what to expect?

Convicted Driver Insurance

sillybilly

hi, i was stopped by the police last night and failed a breath test, was taken to the station and my reading appeared as 48. i declined the blood test thinking there would be no point as the reading would be the same (maybe a silly thing to do in hindsight!)... i have no previous convictions at all, have been driving for four years and was very co-operative with the police.

i am aware that i will get a 12 month ban which can be reduced providing i take an awareness course. what else should i expect at my court appearance next thursday? sorry if this has been asked many times before, i am still in shock and feel very regretful. my plan is to not take a solicitor and simply bleed guilty to the charge.

any advice would be great, thanks x

hi, i was stopped by the police last night and failed a breath test, was taken to the station and my reading appeared as 48. i declined the blood test thinking there would be no point as the reading would be the same (maybe a silly thing to do in hindsight!)... i have no previous convictions at all, have been driving for four years and was very co-operative with the police.

i am aware that i will get a 12 month ban which can be reduced providing i take an awareness course. what else should i expect at my court appearance next thursday? sorry if this has been asked many times before, i am still in shock and feel very regretful. my plan is to not take a solicitor and simply bleed guilty to the charge.

any advice would be great, thanks x

Hi,

I would have opted for the blood test in your position. It usually takes time for a medical practioner to travel to the police station to take a blood sample. For a breath reading of 48 you are looking at a fine and 12-16 month disqualification and no doubt a chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course which can knock 25% off your disqualification period. So with a 12 month ban on completion of the rehabilitation course your total disqualification period will be 9 months. Best of luck with your court case.

Thanks for your reply, i know im wishing that maybe i would've had the blood test now. at the time i just assumed that'd it'd be pointless as i assumed the reading would be the same. Have you any idea what kinda fine i will get? i am on low income and earnings in the past year were £11,000, resulting in approx £800/ £900 ish a month.

would be great to hear from you on this matter x

also, how many points will i receive on my license?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, i know im wishing that maybe i would've had the blood test now. at the time i just assumed that'd it'd be pointless as i assumed the reading would be the same. Have you any idea what kinda fine i will get? i am on low income and earnings in the past year were £11,000, resulting in approx £800/ £900 ish a month.

would be great to hear from you on this matter x

also, how many points will i receive on my license?

You wont receive any points on your driving licence but the drink driving endorsement will remain on your driving licence for a period of 11 years.

As for what fine your are likely to receive, you will have to fill out a financial means form that will be given to the magistrates. The fine amount is based on your income after tax and national insurance contributions. It will range from 125-175% of your relevant weekly income which is your weekly income after tax and national insurance contributions.

hiya
i got banned 4 years ago my reading was also 48 n i did a blood test it came back still over.
i got a 12 month ban did 9 months after doin the rehabilitation course no points and £400 pound fine.
hope you find this info usefull

Hello,

My advice friend would be that you have a possible difficult few months / year ahead of you. When banned some people lose their jobs, then maybe their house, then sometime their whole life can spiral out of control.

You HAVE to be very positive and move forward in your life with your view to alcohol. Forget the attitude of "how many can I safely have..."

Never mix alcoholand driving. You will soon have a crimnal record which may affect any of your future choices in life. BUT, take it all on the chin and be strong, this experience I hope will probably make you a better person.. It's up to you.

Definately take legal representation with you to court. You probably aren't aware of this, but the judge could sentence you to 6 months jail...! That's right, every drink driving offence carries a 6 month prison term, but this is very rarely handed out...!

Take care.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off