Anyone else waiting

Convicted Driver Insurance

bishopofnorwich

I'm aware of how long you should have to wait to get lisence after a medical. (15 working days, in effect 3 weeks, plus time for them to get blood test results or 90 days if they have to contact your doctor). I would hope my medical results are straight forward as i had similar tests done privately weeks before my dvla medical and all were fine. Just wondered if anyone knows how far behind the dvla currently are. I had my medical a month ago, have heard nothing and in brief if it hasnt turned up by friday this week ill be made redundant to to work re locating. This would be devastating and i feel completely in limbo. I started the whole process in the new year and the wait seems to go on for ever and the dvla wont confirm anything over the phone for 6 weeks after the medical. If anyone knows how long things are taking at the moment id be very grateful.

I to am waiting... 5 weeks today since my medical. Tried to call but they say they are not medically qualified bla bla... it doesnt take a doctors degree to say 'yes you have passed, or no you havn't!' she new... i could tell... hopefully it's just a backlog and they are reaaaally busy....

When did you have your med? if i where you i would keep calling dvla and advise your situation, a job is at stake for goodness sake surely they can hurry things along for such a case....

To be honest was a little reluctant to call as my future is pretty much in their hands, didn't want to upset those who have the yay or nay over the next year or few of my life.

4 months & 2 weeks since my medical - No news yet. Don`t hold your breath folks. It now seems pretty pointless doing the DD course to get my ban reduced. I shall certainly be contacting the ombudsman to seek the money back that I paid to go on the course.

Crikey! 4 months!? what do they say when you ring up? I tried calling yesterday and they where on strike apparently due to cuts and possible branch closures. Some branches are in a consultation period still... maybe that has something to do with it?

RE: Above... This only came about after I e-mailed the DVLA & told them I would be seeking my money back from them for my DD course!! might be worth a try for anyone in a similar situation..

Still waiting.

This is my exprience so far.

Due to be back on the road again on the 8th of june (car purchase and insurance set up).

Sent away my D1 application form on the 21st of April. Cheque was cashed on the 7th of may, not heard anything and thought i would give the DVLA a phone to see what was happening. Once i got through i managed to speak to someone regarding the whole medical situation because of being a HRO. They had me down for my ban ending in december and have had no notes of the course being sat and send across to them.

So i phone up the corse and they assure me it has been sent along to the court, so i contact the court and they have no record of it. So all in all right now the course seems to have been a waste of time because DVLA wont issue a medical form out untill I track down who has my course completion certificate. STRESFULL!

But DVLA did assure me that as long as the court are happy and my doctor is that I can get a cover licence pre medical to drive. Just need to find out who the hell has my course certificate.

Will update on the process if i do actually get my certificate and my cover licence through.

For anyone who might have actually read this.

Just another update on my situation. Phoned up the court as you know and they had no information of me sitting the course so i scan the cert of me sitting it across to the court. They send it along to the DVLA and the police to put on their system what ever that actually is.

As well as me sending it to the court the course them selves sent it last night to the court in manchester (Where i was concived) the covering court in Glasgow.

Rang up the dvla pretty much right after the court said they had passed it on and they received it streight away and put it on their system. Assuming this was because they have already received my payment and the woman yesterday did she could fast track my application.

After being put through to the medical team they assured me my cover licence will be on its way out and i can now drive after midning on the 9th of June as long as my doctor has advised me not to (which i'm all in the clear)

What i have pretty much learned if you want it done. Do it yourself. Chase up the DVLA because if a did not they would sit on my application until december!!

And send any correspondence from your course you sat to your convicting court. Hope it all helps and also make sure you ask about a cover licence!!! so you can drive pre medical

Thanks,

RE: Above... This only came about after I e-mailed the DVLA & told them I would be seeking my money back from them for my DD course!! might be worth a try for anyone in a similar situation..

I email them and NEVER get a reply not even an acknowledgement letter from them!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off