90mg Breath Test... One devastated young man

Convicted Driver Insurance

idiot2011

Hey guys this is my first post on the site and wow never thought I would have to do this...

I was on a staff night out on friday the 16th december and phone for a taxi which sai it would be 30 minutes so instead of that I jumped in my car and drove to my staff party. anyway ... for some reason I left the party and I drove home where I had a bump I got arrsted and taken in and blew 93 th first time and then 90 the second time...

I am a teaching assistant and I have realised just how stupid I have been... the police informed me im looking at a 12 month ban which in my opinion is exceptionally lucky firstly how I killed nobody and secondly it is only looking at 12 months.

HOWEVER the big news is I want to become a Primary School Teacher and unfortunately I can kiss that dream goodbye from what I have been told...

So im looking back at University Courses at the age of 24!!!

can someone please give me some feedback on what to expect or any similar stories to my own...

court case 11th jan 2012

thanks

one stupid idiot

Hey guys this is my first post on the site and wow never thought I would have to do this...

I was on a staff night out on friday the 16th december and phone for a taxi which sai it would be 30 minutes so instead of that I jumped in my car and drove to my staff party. anyway ... for some reason I left the party and I drove home where I had a bump I got arrsted and taken in and blew 93 th first time and then 90 the second time...

I am a teaching assistant and I have realised just how stupid I have been... the police informed me im looking at a 12 month ban which in my opinion is exceptionally lucky firstly how I killed nobody and secondly it is only looking at 12 months.

HOWEVER the big news is I want to become a Primary School Teacher and unfortunately I can kiss that dream goodbye from what I have been told...

So im looking back at University Courses at the age of 24!!!

can someone please give me some feedback on what to expect or any similar stories to my own...

court case 11th jan 2012

thanks

one stupid idiot

Are you sure the police didnt say a minimum of 12 month ban. Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol with a breath reading of 90 sentencing guidelines suggest a low to high level community order and a driving disqualification of between 23-28 months.

As the level of alcohol in your system was above 87.5 microgrammes per 100ml of breath you will also be classed as a high risk offender. High risk offenders need to satisfy the DVLA of their fitness to drive by taking and passing a DVLA medical before their driving licence will be re-issued to them at the end of their ban.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may be useful to you.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off