My Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

NikChik

I'm literally just on way home from having my DVLA medical & all they did was take blood & physical examination as well as all the forms to fill out.

I was surprised when the lady doctor said she didn't need a urine sample.

My only worry is I smoked a small amount of cannabis on Sunday night & a small amount the Saturday along with about 6 cans of Carlsberg. I'm praying the weed has left my system. I only smoke it from time to time usually at weekends. I checked this site loads over the last few days & was more concerned about the urine test but I never had to do one.

Should know Friday pm whether it's a pass or not.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am due my test on the 20th of December. Has drank since 30 October and dont plan to do so until after my test. I am worried sick about this medical at the moment. Let us know how it goes when you get your results.
And did you tell the Doc that you had a fe w dronks over the weekend?

Yeh I told her I had had a drink. I didn't declare anything else, ie that I smoked cannabis. I'm hoping they only test for the alcohol side as that was what my offence relates to.

In my experience there will be an assigned test based upon your history, so if you are reapplying due to an alcohol related matter then a blood test will be requested in the first instance. During the exam you will however be asked about drug history and if that pricks attention you will be recalled for a urine test. Later you may be asked for both tests to be taken on the same day but the franchise doctors who administer tests don't necessarily know why this coud be needed.

I'm no expert but canabis isn't typically looked for in blood tests but it is one of the most 'lingering' substances when other detection tests are employed so having a smoke in the lead up to the examination isn't the smartest but hope things go well

Well, I called up the surgery on Friday to find out the results of the blood test & was told all fine & normal. Just have to wait now for the DVLA now.

The fact you had a medical exam to ascertain whether you should be allowed back on the road suggests you had a very high reading or were a repeat offender, or both.
You said you had 6 cans of Carlsberg and some cannabis the other night and had smoked some Cannabis the night before.
Do you think you should be allowed back on the road as a drug user and drinker?
If you didn't have the sense to at least stop drinking and using drugs well in advance of your medical how does that suggest you're going to behave when you get your licence back?
Maybe you should get yourself on a rehab course to deal with your drink and drug habit.
It appears you haven't learned as a result of your ban that you need to address your drinking/drug habits.

Hi I have to book a DVLA medical, seems daft as I've had my licence back 2 years, I've heard so many stories about milk thistle, what is this???? Not drinking any alcohol at all for 2 months!!!! This will be very hard if thus is the case over the Xmas period, also do they test fir weed? Surely if so they have to tell you so??? This whole thing is an expensive thing for me, I have tax, mot and insurance beginning of Jan, I don't wanna pay all that out plus what the medicals gonna cost only to find they fail me Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

im the same, had my licence back for over a year and now recieved a letter requring a medical., i even rang the dvla twice to check i had my licence back and had not had a medical, and they said it was all ok. so now have 21 days to reply or ring and then book medical.

At Orion so I have 21 days to reply do I? Do you know roughly then how soon the app comes thru? Only even though I don't drink and drive these days the thought of not having a tipple overbite festive season is pretty daunting.

No idea how long their letter takes but they inform me that you have six weeks from the date of the letter to make the appointment with the doctor. It is supposed to take five weeks to get drink out of your system all being that you dont already have liver damage. Guess the best bet is that we leave it last minute to reply then if neccesary make some excuse to cancel the first appointment. I dont know if I dare take the chance. My first port of call is to have a liver function test with my Gp I am awaiting results. If that prooves ok I think I may chance drinking over Crimbo and new year

I'm literally just on way home from having my DVLA medical & all they did was take blood & physical examination as well as all the forms to fill out.

I was surprised when the lady doctor said she didn't need a urine sample.

My only worry is I smoked a small amount of cannabis on Sunday night & a small amount the Saturday along with about 6 cans of Carlsberg. I'm praying the weed has left my system. I only smoke it from time to time usually at weekends. I checked this site loads over the last few days & was more concerned about the urine test but I never had to do one.

Should know Friday pm whether it's a pass or not.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Did you have to take an eye sight test as I don't quite see what this has to do with it Pardon the punn

No eyesight test either. I too expected that to happen but it didn't. Just blood taken, forms filled in & she felt my stomach area, probably feeling the liver.

I get the feeling they do the medical depending on your offence so if you are caught under drug influence then they will test for it. Also answering no to those questions on the forms gives less reason for them to test.

No eyesight test either. I too expected that to happen but it didn't. Just blood taken, forms filled in & she felt my stomach area, probably feeling the liver.

I get the feeling they do the medical depending on your offence so if you are caught under drug influence then they will test for it. Also answering no to those questions on the forms gives less reason for them to test.

Was the doctor reasonable. Do you think they take any notice of you as a person. Or are they simply robots doing a job

Well I'm gonna do just that then, wait till last min then return it and cancel 1st app, I've heard you can cancel up to 3 by law, dunno if this is right or not?

She was actually really nice, I am quite a chatty character as well which I think helps in those situations.

At Orion so I have 21 days to reply do I? Do you know roughly then how soon the app comes thru? Only even though I don't drink and drive these days the thought of not having a tipple overbite festive season is pretty daunting.

hi, my letter states i must respond or call them within 21 days of the date of the letter, or they take it i dont want to do medical and revoke licence. check your letter to make sure, also that the 21 days isnt up over xmas hols etc as they might not be open, not sure how long appointment takes to come through. as for drinking over the festive season, im not going to,

Well, I called up the surgery on Friday to find out the results of the blood test & was told all fine & normal. Just have to wait now for the DVLA now.

Is it true that the letter confirming Doctors details for the medical allows you six weeks to make the appointment. I was told this by a member of the DVLA but curiosly I don't trust them

Is it true that the letter confirming Doctors details for the medical allows you six weeks to make the appointment. I was told this by a member of the DVLA but curiosly I don't trust them

The letter states to book appointment within 21 days of the date of the letter & within 6 weeks.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off