Extended Test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Big-Feet

Hi there,

Up here in Scotland there have been a few young drivers convicted of drink driving. Whilst in court the Sheriff tells them that after disqualification they must re-sit their test and some of them have to resit an extended test.

Is this option only used if the driver has held their license for less than 2 years? Or can any driver be required to re-take their test after disqualification.

I am just wondering because I am 20 and have had my license 3 years now, and I was under the impression that after my ban was up that I just get re-issued my license after applying for it back. I am not a HRO.

Any help?

Hi there,

Up here in Scotland there have been a few young drivers convicted of drink driving. Whilst in court the Sheriff tells them that after disqualification they must re-sit their test and some of them have to resit an extended test.

Is this option only used if the driver has held their license for less than 2 years? Or can any driver be required to re-take their test after disqualification.

I am just wondering because I am 20 and have had my license 3 years now, and I was under the impression that after my ban was up that I just get re-issued my license after applying for it back. I am not a HRO.

Any help?

Any driver can be required to re-sit their driving test by the sentencing court for a drink driving related conviction which results in disqualification. More information on the requirement to re-sit a driving test can be found here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off