All Banned Drivers to Re-take Driving Test as of 2012

Convicted Driver Insurance

nuuser

There is new legislation which has been put to the House of Commons this year by the now former Transport Secretary Philip Hammond (now Defence Secretary after Dr Fox's resignation) , it has been debated though I am not sure what stage the Bill (or Act) is at...I think it is being looked at by the Transport Select Committee. The Act contains the most radical reforms in transport legislation the country has seen for generations and is expected and includes the on-the-spot fines currently £60 going up to £80 and a new offence of careless driving punishable by £80 fine and 3 points on driving licence coming in.
Also part of the legislation is that anybody who is disqualified from driving (after the Act has been passed) will need to undergo further training and then re-take their driving test once their ban length has been served, before they can re-gain their drivers licence.

CURRENTLY the only offenders who are punished by having to take a re-test, are people whose licences are revoked under the New Drivers Act (so if 6 or more points are reached in first two years of driving), those convicted of dangerous driving, causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by careless driving or for being massively over the drink drive limit.
BUT this new law being put forward to Parliament and currently under review, is going to mean that ALL drivers who are disqualified (no matter what the reason for the disqualification or for how long the disqualification) will have to, as part of their punishment) need to re-sit their tests. It is considered not just to be punitive but also to be a way of ensuring the public and the offenders themselves are protected. ANd I think this is supposed to act as a form of deterance as well, if someone knows they will face having to go through theyre driving test again (and possibly an extended one), then they are going to think twice about committing an offence.

Therefore, I really feel sorry for anybody who is going to find themselves with a Drink Drive charge next year when the law has been passed.

It is considered not just to be punitive but also to be a way of ensuring the public and the offenders themselves are protected.

Nonsense, just because you got caught DD doesn't mean you don't know how to drive. This is just another money-making scheme.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off