Totally Confused

Convicted Driver Insurance

Imconfused

In February 2011 I drove my car about 2miles on a country road after a fall out with my GF, I parked up and went to sleep after sending her a text saying goodnight, She phoned the Police concerned that i was over the limit, they turned up and arrested me on suspicion of drunk in charge of a vehicle, i blew red and my breath at the station was 44, I was bailed for blood results until April 19th, the Police phoned and said don't bother coming to the station as the results were not back yet and he would phone me later and give me a new bail date to come to the station, I have not heard anything since, I phoned the station and so did my solicitor on the 15th of June and both left a message for the arresting officer who was on duty at 2200hrs that night, as I want it over and done with as its affecting me big time (lost 2stone) I have heard nothing since??? My solicitor says we have done all we can and just have to wait.

Im not sure whats going on but looking at my initial bail conditions it says : alleged offence(s) Drive motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit. (i was not driving nor were my keys in the ignition).

1. The Police allowed my GF to guess my "mobile me" password on my computer to find me by tracking my iPhone 4. (not happy about that) the Police had also put that in the statement too and that my GF guessed my password.

2. I was arrested at the scene by an officer on suspicion, then at the station a different officer charged me after using the breath machine.

3. I don't even know when I'm bailed to as no one has informed me and when we enquired two months ago we got no reply.

4. There is no excuse for drinking before driving but this has just gone on for too long now as i know of ppl who have been dealt with in less than half the time, what should i do now??? I just want to move on now. any advice please.
Should i just turn up at the station and demand an answer?:confused:

He was dealing with the Police charge that i threatened my GF not the Drink charge, the charged was thrown out of court as she didn't want me charged in the first place, he just said that i should call him when i hear something and he will represent me for £150.

I was at court on the 14th of June regarding the threats (common assault) ? and the prosecutor mentioned that i was also over the limit as my blood results came back at 100 ??? thats why both me and my solicitor phoned the Police station to find out was the heck was going on and why nobody has informed us of any results, to this day still nothing.

My drink driving case is taking a long time too. I blew 50 at the station so they gave me the option of a blood test which I took. I was originally arrested on May 31st. Was asked to answer bail on July 15th. I answered bail and waited at the station in the waiting room for half an hour and then a police officer called my name, handed me a piece of paper and told me they were still waiting to get the test results back. I have been re-bailed until 9th September over four months since the original offence. I had my sample of blood (they have to supply you with one) tested and results back well in time for the first request to return, so not sure what is taking them so long. Unfortunately my test results have come back positive so I am expecting to be charged, but I too wish they would get on with it.
If I were you I would go to the police station in order to find out what is going on. Yeah there's a chance they've forgotten all about you, but then again they probably haven't. Besides, I believe that if you aren't charged you can have your finger prints etc removed off the system providing you haven't committed other offences of course. I could be wrong about that though so don't take my word on it.
best of luck

Still heard nothing, do you think they bailed or charged me wrong as i was not stopped in my car but already parked up to settle down in my car for the night.
The charge should be unfit in charge of a vehicle though alcohol (i think).:confused:

With regards to point number "1" on your thread, surely someone here with a legal background can tell me, and the thread creator that, that is illegal.

Surely? That is unreal, that they can waltz into your missus' home and use your computer and her to an extent to track you. Unbelievable. I think they might know this too, and might be trying to work out a way of covering their tracks...

Let us know, how it goes.

It's now the 7th of October and I'm not going to go and remind them about my situation, I think they have made a mess of it as I was charged with suspicion of drunk driving rather than drunk in charge, six months has well passed and I doubt they have laid the information to the court so lesson learnt big time. Just goes to show how vulnerable we are when we have a drink, as it could have and should have ruined everything, I count my lucky stars. My friend who is a cop told me that his seargent let off a guy who was pissed cause he had no room in the cells, all crazy, some just get lucky I suppose.

Well I have heard nothing so looks like i got lucky this time but lesson learnt big style, not sure why the Police didn't follow up on me and not going to go and ask them, seems they breached my communications without a warrant and charged me with suspicion of drink driving rather than drunk in charge of a vehicle. Looks like their incompetence paid off for me, I haven't even had a glass of wine since the 26th of Feb.
My solicitor didn't even pick up on it so fat lot of good he was, he was only interested in trying to reduce a possible ban from 12 to 9 months with a course (bloody muppet).

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off