Can I choose not to attend awareness course?

Convicted Driver Insurance

sl8_82

Hi There,

Well, It's been a while since I last posted - and let me start by saying (for the benefit of all the worried and depressed people who have just or are facing loosing their licence) HOW TIME FLYS!! :). On the 13th of this month it will have been 5 months since the horrible night that I was caught DD...at the start of my ban I felt like it would drag but it really is flying by and I have really adjusted to not having a car and am actually enjoying having the extra money in my pocket.

My question is this...when I was banned the magistrate asked me if i would be interested in taking the dawareness course. At the time I said I would as all I wanted was my licence back...however, with the money from my car and what Iv saved I am taking my son and I off travelling around South East Aisia for 3 months on Jan 6th and wont be back until my original 16 month ban expires anyway therefore going on the cours will not enable me to have my licence back any earlier as I wont be here. I
know some people will say that I should go on the course to make myself aware of the dangers etc etc but believe me I am. It was and still is one of the worse decisions i have ever made and the whole experience from the arrest, to court to not being able to drive, to having to tell my friends and family, to having to watch my son walk to school in the pouring rain not to mention the criminal record, fine, and the stigma I have recieved since is enough to put me off EVER doing that again.

In my opinion I think in May next year (16 month ban) I will of more than paid my price to society without having to pay £190 for A 3 DAY COURSE and use up holiday from work.

If i dont go will it have any come back on me and will i still be able to have my licence back in May?

P.S Seriously for all you NEWBIES out there....this IS NOT the end of your world, and for me it gave me the kick up the ass that had long been needed! good luck x x x

Hi There,

Well, It's been a while since I last posted - and let me start by saying (for the benefit of all the worried and depressed people who have just or are facing loosing their licence) HOW TIME FLYS!! :). On the 13th of this month it will have been 5 months since the horrible night that I was caught DD...at the start of my ban I felt like it would drag but it really is flying by and I have really adjusted to not having a car and am actually enjoying having the extra money in my pocket.

My question is this...when I was banned the magistrate asked me if i would be interested in taking the dawareness course. At the time I said I would as all I wanted was my licence back...however, with the money from my car and what Iv saved I am taking my son and I off travelling around South East Aisia for 3 months on Jan 6th and wont be back until my original 16 month ban expires anyway therefore going on the cours will not enable me to have my licence back any earlier as I wont be here. I
know some people will say that I should go on the course to make myself aware of the dangers etc etc but believe me I am. It was and still is one of the worse decisions i have ever made and the whole experience from the arrest, to court to not being able to drive, to having to tell my friends and family, to having to watch my son walk to school in the pouring rain not to mention the criminal record, fine, and the stigma I have recieved since is enough to put me off EVER doing that again.

In my opinion I think in May next year (16 month ban) I will of more than paid my price to society without having to pay £190 for A 3 DAY COURSE and use up holiday from work.

If i dont go will it have any come back on me and will i still be able to have my licence back in May?

P.S Seriously for all you NEWBIES out there....this IS NOT the end of your world, and for me it gave me the kick up the ass that had long been needed! good luck x x x

There is no requirement that you must pay for, attend and complete the drink driving rehabilitation course. The only benefits you would lose by not completing the course are the reduction period in your disqualification and the knowledge you may aquire.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off