Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Quick Question

ss92 is offline New Member

Default Quick Question

I took my CBT when I was 16 years old and went on to get my full driving license at 17 - I'm now 21.

In 2009 I was disqualified for a year for drink driving, now I'm looking to renew my license and get a motorbike (125cc), I'm wondering if I'll be covered to do this when I get my license back?

I've read the following which confuses me slightly:

A) A CBT certificate is only valid for 2 years.

BUT:

B) If you have a valid CBT certificate when you pass your driving test it becomes valid for the life-time of the license, allowing you to be entitled to ride motorbikes of up to 125cc.

If B) is the case, does me losing my license mean it's no longer covered under the 'lifetime' of the license part?

Or is the CBT only valid for 2 years no matter what?

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: Quick Question

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by ss92 View Post
    I took my CBT when I was 16 years old and went on to get my full driving license at 17 - I'm now 21.

In 2009 I was disqualified for a year for drink driving, now I'm looking to renew my license and get a motorbike (125cc), I'm wondering if I'll be covered to do this when I get my license back?

I've read the following which confuses me slightly:

A) A CBT certificate is only valid for 2 years.

BUT:

B) If you have a valid CBT certificate when you pass your driving test it becomes valid for the life-time of the license, allowing you to be entitled to ride motorbikes of up to 125cc.

If B) is the case, does me losing my license mean it's no longer covered under the 'lifetime' of the license part?

Or is the CBT only valid for 2 years no matter what?
    Hi,

According to the information on Direct.gov on compulsory basic training (CBT).

"If you already have a CBT certificate when you pass your car test, your full moped rights will be confirmed straight away......A CBT certificate confirming full moped rights on a full car licence lasts for the life of the licence."

"A moped has:
    • an engine no bigger than 50 cubic centimetres (cc) capacity
    • a top speed of no more than around 32 miles per hour, which is 50 kilometres per hour"
    The above applies to mopeds only. If you are looking to be entitled to ride a motorcycle of 125cc then you will have to pass the CBT test again in order to do so.

"[CBT] Certificate life

Your CBT certificate allows you to ride on the road displaying L plates (or D plates in Wales) for two years."
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 05-13-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions