Just done my medical this morning!!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

nicolafairy

hello,

thought i would share my dvla medical with everyone, just in case you guys have 1 coming up and dont know what to expect.

i'v had 5 small glasses of wine in 9 weeks and my last glass was 4 weeks ago, went along for my medical this morning. he asked a series of questions like, when my last drink was, how much was it, do i take drugs, have i misused or been dependent on alcohol in last 3 years, have i smoked cannabis, have i ever been referred to hosp drink related, any accidents drink related, memory loss drink related. he then went on to take my blood, weight and height. listened to my chest and prodded my stomach, looked down my throat, checked my eyesight, checked my reflexes. asked me to touch my nose with my eyes closed. and that was it.

i was expecting him to take a urine sample too but he did'nt. hope he did'nt just forget lol.... dont want to go back. thinking because i said no to the drugs part, maybe he did'nt need to.

anyhow, hope this helps! will let you guys know if i pass, fingers crossed!!!

nic x

Just wanted to add, that i called doc's about them not asking for a urine sample from me, and the very nice woman said that it is only certain people that do urine also, and that the doc would have asked for it if it was on my sheet that he gets from dvla..... this has put my mind at rest now

nic

Hi Nicolafairy, just wanted to congratulate you on getting the medical out the way. I know it is a real worry before and how relieved you feel when it's out of the way. If it helps anyone I had mine 6th April andd heard back within 3 weeks as promised. When does your ban end?

Hi NF, yes I presume I did, as I just received my licence through the post, although no letter or reference to the medical. After my medical the doctor said I could call him in a couple of days for the result of the blood test. I did this and my results were luckily within the accepted parameters:) He said this was an indication there would not be a problem but the DVLA make the ultimate decision in view of these results but also the questionaire and other things they test etc. My ban ends 15th June, so about the same time as you, I wish you all the best and I'm sure you'll be ok as it sounds as though it went well. I am truly sorry and will never ever repeat this situation ever again!! What a stressful time it has been and I have learnt a lot about coping strategy for stress!!

well it will be 2 weeks 2moro since having my medical, and not heard anything yet, they did say could take up to 4 weeks before i hear!

how long did everyone actually wait before they heard anything?

patience is not my strong point!

nic

well after 2 half weeks since my medical, my driving license came through the post yesterday! woo hoo, i'v done it!!! so happy to be driving again, even though it's not until 13th june!

nic

hi iam new to the forum, i had my medical aprrox 5 weeks ago......
was in there literally 3 mins, asked me about my drinking habits, asked me how tall i was and my weight! didnt weigh me or measure me just took my answer!!!!

didnt take a urine sample didnt ask me about drugs? but ive never taken drugs so not a problem. took my blood samples and that was that £96.00 fastest money ive ever spent!!!!

was worried about the results after reading some things on the internet, i drank on the sat aprrox 5 glasses of wine and did my medical on the monday afternoon.

i passed the medical and just waiting to drive again 13/6/2001 good luck to everybody awaiting your results!!!

well after 2 half weeks since my medical, my driving license came through the post yesterday! woo hoo, i'v done it!!! so happy to be driving again, even though it's not until 13th june!

nic
hi there nic..... ur ban up same day as mine, its so close now i cant wait!!!

congrats to ya...will be booking mine this week..how long till the dvla contacted you with a doctor to ring up an book it with ? i asked before but cant find my post

Thanks

congrats to ya...will be booking mine this week..how long till the dvla contacted you with a doctor to ring up an book it with ? i asked before but cant find my post

Thanks

hi i got mine with in 2weeks rang the doc the same day and went for the medical 8days later.then 2weeks and 4days my licence came in the post, my ban is up on the 24th of may

Hi
It was 2 weeks from sending in D1 until I received back a letter with details of the Doctor I needed to contact for the medical. I can drive again on 15/6 so 2 days after you lucky people :D:D

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off