Accuracy of blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

John1853

Hi, I was wondering if it was worth getting a second blood test carried out. The results from the first were 86. Does anyone know how accurate the tests are?

Thanks in advance

John

Are you referring to the sample the police gave you? Or the sample the police are charging you with?

As part of a standard calculation, whatever the police results are they have a certain number deducted after the reading comes back to ensure that no errors can be made.

i.e if the sample the police use comes back as 100, they would then deduct 6 (i think) from that. So they would charge you with 94.

If you are referring to your own sample which you had analysed then just check your doctor has or hasnt taken off 6 units.

hth

Hi Signman, thanks for the reply.

86 is the figure that the police have given and I was wondering if it was worth the cost of getting my sample tested. From your reply it suggests that the margin for error has already been subtracted from the original reading. If this is the case then it is probably not worth the expense as it would be unlikely that the result would come back in my favour.

Best regards

John

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off