What's the process

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gdad300

I have been tested positive, road side, and arrested. At the station I was blood tested because the breathalyser was defective. Going for blood results shortly. I don't know if I was offered a blood sample, very confusing and asked to sign many bits of paper. Do I plead when and if I'm charged at station or do I not plead if I intend to argue about the blood test point?

I have been tested positive, road side, and arrested. At the station I was blood tested because the breathalyser was defective. Going for blood results shortly. I don't know if I was offered a blood sample, very confusing and asked to sign many bits of paper. Do I plead when and if I'm charged at station or do I not plead if I intend to argue about the blood test point?

You do not plead anything until and if you are charged at the police station and appear at a magistrates court.

Your blood results will either be under or over the legal limit. If they are under, no further action will be taken. If they are over then you will be formally charged and bailed to appear at a magistrates court. Appearing at magistrates court is when you either plead guilty or not guilty and argue your case.

I would suggest contacting a solicitor who can advise you further and examine all available evidence when and if you are charged with a drink driving offence.

If you are charged with an offence our guide to appearing at magistrates court may prove helpful.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off