danny

Convicted Driver Insurance

daniez5mc

i have been caught drink driving for the 3rd time, once when i was 16 with no licience i recived 12mnth ban,once when i was 17 in a stolen car an recieved 3yr ban and ordered to do a extended test,also 6mnth jail term (young offenders unit). Now am 24 with a driving licence which i have held for 4yrs after completing my extended test.This time i failed to stop and blew a breath test of 83microgrammes in 100 millilitres.What do you think my sentence will be? am worried they will send me back to prison even though i was last in trouble 8yrs ago:(

i have been caught drink driving for the 3rd time, once when i was 16 with no licience i recived 12mnth ban,once when i was 17 in a stolen car an recieved 3yr ban and ordered to do a extended test,also 6mnth jail term (young offenders unit). Now am 24 with a driving licence which i have held for 4yrs after completing my extended test.This time i failed to stop and blew a breath test of 83microgrammes in 100 millilitres.What do you think my sentence will be? am worried they will send me back to prison even though i was last in trouble 8yrs ago:(

For a second conviction of driving with excess alcohol within 10 years sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a disqualification of between 36 to 46 months for a breath reading of 83. They do not have guidelines for people who are convicted a third time within 10 years.

Due to it being your third conviction within the space of 10 years, your should expect a much harsher punishment than previously mentioned, a very lengthy period of disqualification and being classed as a high risk offender. You will certainly be facing a high level community order at the least and custody cannot be ruled out.

I advise you to seek legal advice and representation as soon as possible if you have not already done so. Stephensons solicitors have experience in dealing with similar cases and can represent & advise clients in England and Wales. You can give them call on 0845 002 0736.

It sounds like it will also be worth your while to try and address any issues you may have regarding the consumption of alcohol too!

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off