Would you like to help in raising awareness regarding the dangers of drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

dontbethatsome1

Dear All,

My names Michael and I'm from a voluntary organisation called Don't Be That Someone (http://dontbethatsomeone.co.uk/). We are a national drink driving campaign that seeks to change attitudes, raise awareness, and reduce casualties amongst 14-18 year olds.

We have an educational programme available that is used by Local Authorities, Fire Services, Youth Offending Teams, NHS, and the Police nationally.

At the moment the campaign has documentaries of victims from drink drive collisions, such as pedestrians or family, but we would like to get people involved who has either driven after drinking alcohol themselves or been a passenger in a car, while the driver was over the drink drive limit.

Our aim is not to blame or 'belittle' anyone, but simply to show that drink driving can and does happen and that it is still an issue in the UK.

If you would like to be involved or find out more information then please let me know.

Kindest regards and look forward to hearing from you all.

Mike

Michael

Your campaign should be rewarded, I did the drink driver course and the general oppinion was this stuff should be taught in School before we get a licence not after we have lost it.

Have looked at your website and your films are a lot more hard hitting than I saw on the course or you ever see on TV. Quite upsetting and rightly so.

My story is not that dramatic, I drunk and drove many times after the first few times you become invincible to being caught and I didn't for 20 years. For me, it wasn't until after being caught that I realised how lucky I was that it could have been much much worse.

If I can offer anything to help you then I would be more than happy to because the reality is you can drive drunk 1 or 1000 times and if you're lucky you will get caught for it do a ban some comunity service or a fine if not then it's a long time in prison and a feeling that I can only guess you will never get over. The thought of getting hammered on a Saturday night, driving Sunday afternoon, have a fatal accident and you are now on a manslaughter charge, frightening.

I have friends that are very careful since my conviction and friends that aren't and they stagger me.

Hello XYM

Many thanks for your message and sorry for the couple of days lack of response.

It's an interesting comment and love what you said about a programme being taught before you learn to drive.

How would you like to be involved, any suggestions? I guess the main thing I need at the moment is promotion/publicity of the campaign - so if you could assist with that in anyway please let me know

Any other way you think you would like to assist then I am all years.

Thanks for your story and interest.

regards
Mike

Michael

Your campaign should be rewarded, I did the drink driver course and the general oppinion was this stuff should be taught in School before we get a licence not after we have lost it.

Have looked at your website and your films are a lot more hard hitting than I saw on the course or you ever see on TV. Quite upsetting and rightly so.

My story is not that dramatic, I drunk and drove many times after the first few times you become invincible to being caught and I didn't for 20 years. For me, it wasn't until after being caught that I realised how lucky I was that it could have been much much worse.

If I can offer anything to help you then I would be more than happy to because the reality is you can drive drunk 1 or 1000 times and if you're lucky you will get caught for it do a ban some comunity service or a fine if not then it's a long time in prison and a feeling that I can only guess you will never get over. The thought of getting hammered on a Saturday night, driving Sunday afternoon, have a fatal accident and you are now on a manslaughter charge, frightening.

I have friends that are very careful since my conviction and friends that aren't and they stagger me.

Michael

In total agreement. This very same thing came up at the course I went to. There were a few 30+ people that had been stopped the day after a fairly insignificant night before. Naiivity? Ignorance? Whatever, I do think learning unit levels etc should be just as important as hazard perception?!
I dread to think how many people are on the roads at the moment being blissfully unaware that they're over the limit because it's the day after they might have had a relatively small amount to drink the night before). And I don't mean that in a preachy way.

I'd be happy to contribute, but I suspect I'm too old to be considered relevant nowadays. (Sniff)

Many thanks for this - yes the drink drive limit/units is a complicated one and the morning after is definitely an issue.

Predominately, so young people relate to the film, I am looking for young people to take part.

However, any help with the campaign can only be good right! The campaign needs promoting far and wide, so if you could do that - i would really appreciate it.

Or if you have any family members who are 14-18 and would like to be involved then please do let me know!

Michael

In total agreement. This very same thing came up at the course I went to. There were a few 30+ people that had been stopped the day after a fairly insignificant night before. Naiivity? Ignorance? Whatever, I do think learning unit levels etc should be just as important as hazard perception?!
I dread to think how many people are on the roads at the moment being blissfully unaware that they're over the limit because it's the day after they might have had a relatively small amount to drink the night before). And I don't mean that in a preachy way.

I'd be happy to contribute, but I suspect I'm too old to be considered relevant nowadays. (Sniff)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off