Is driving a car "like riding a bike"?

Convicted Driver Insurance

new_pedestrian

Established Member
Not literally of course, I know there are four wheels and so on...

What I mean is, did those here who have finished their ban find it easy to jump back into the car and drive again, or did it take some getting used to?

The last thing I want is to get my licence back and then crash the bleeding car on the first day!

I was terrified of driving again after 18 months, in fact I didnt drive on the 1st day!! Got in the car next day and felt really nervous, couldn't even remember where some controls were, however after 10 minutes driving about I felt like I'd never been away and was zipping about everywhere. For the first week I was offering everyone lifts and showing off with my keys :D (the novelty has now worn off!)

Yeah it comes back naturally. In fact, I think I'm one of the better drivers on the road these days! (Don't we all - I know! But in reality having been without a car for a period of time, I've become much more patient with and courteous to other cars on the road now I have it back. There really are some ********s out there - especially in the snow!)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off