Does the length of ban matter?!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Honeydew

Hi, I'm due to get my license back on 22nd of this month after a 2 year ban.

I'm looking for new employment and obviously when I get my license back next weekend I'll have my DR10 marker on it. Do I have to declare to a new employer how long my ban was for? When can I consider it unspent?!

Hi, I'm due to get my license back on 22nd of this month after a 2 year ban.

I'm looking for new employment and obviously when I get my license back next weekend I'll have my DR10 marker on it. Do I have to declare to a new employer how long my ban was for? When can I consider it unspent?!

More information on when your conviction will become spent and the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act can be found here.

If you are under obligation to declare your conviction then why does the length of the ban matter?

I would have thought the fact you had the conviction would be the most important aspect in an employers eyes. If they dont specifically ask for details about the length of the ban then dont mention it, if they do ask about the length of the ban then why do you feel the need to want to withold this information? It will just make you look dishonest and look like your trying to hide things.

If you have to legally declare your conviction, then do so and be totally honest about it if asked for further details. If you dont need to declare it, then its not an issue.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off