HRO1 HRO2

Convicted Driver Insurance

HRO1

HI,

I blew 99!!!! 2 year ban -25% with HAPAS.

I have been told I dont have to do a medical if my letter from dvla ref starts HRO1. I have been told I will if it starts HRO2.

Any advice???

Just to confirm I have to do a medical if I'm HRO1 and the letter the sent me states

"If you are disqualified again for an alcohol-related offence within the next 10 years you will have to take a medical test before we can consider giving you your driving licence back. If you have two or more such convictions you will have to satisfy our medical adviser that you are medically fit to drive before a new driving licence can be issued to you"

this was sent from the dvla after I was banned and does NOT state I have to take a medical.

thank

Just to confirm I have to do a medical if I'm HRO1 and the letter the sent me states

"If you are disqualified again for an alcohol-related offence within the next 10 years you will have to take a medical test before we can consider giving you your driving licence back. If you have two or more such convictions you will have to satisfy our medical adviser that you are medically fit to drive before a new driving licence can be issued to you"

this was sent from the dvla after I was banned and does NOT state I have to take a medical.

thank

High Risk Offenders are drivers who:
  • Have been disqualified by order of a court for being over two and a half times the legal drink driving limit with a blood alcohol content that equalled or exceeded:

(i) 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or
    (ii) 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or
    (iii) 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine; OR
  • Have been disqualified by order of a court for failing, without reasonable excuse, to provide a specimen for analysis when ordered to do so pursuant to section 7 of The Road Traffic Act; OR
  • Have been disqualified on two or more occasions within a period of 10 years for any drink drive offence.

For a reading of 99 you should be classed as a high risk offender that is required to take an independent medical examination to satisfy the DVLA of your fitness to drive before your driving licence is re-instated.​

I would advise you to contact the DVLA directly to clarify matters.​

but if it states hro1 does that mean i might get away with it as also the letter said i dont as quoted above

Possibly, but if you do it will be an administrative error on behalf of the DVLA. Guess you'll just have to wait and see!

Thanks for all your advice, I forgot to mention that I did have probation reports and he said that he thought that I never had a drink problem and I was a casual drinker that made an out of character mistake.

Do you think this is why I'm HRO1 and received the letter I did? also am I correct that you dont require a medical with a HRO1 but you do with a HRO2?

I dont want to contact the DVLA just in case I might get away with not having a medical and I dont want to draw attention to my individual case and they have made an admin error.

Thanks again

Hey Deviousdee,

Im not 100% I dont have to do a medical thats why Im on here.

Can you do me a favour please?

On your letter from the DVLA does your ref start HRO1 or HRO2?

thanks for your help in advance and good luck on your medical

Hey Deviousdee,

Hi, mine has HRO2 on the reference. I was gutted as I was over by 0.5 but hey thats life ain't it. I don't drink that much anyway so I'm not too worried about it anymore. Dx

I don't think you'll have to do a medical.

The letter you get sent from the DVLA makes it very clear that you have to attend a medical. There is no mention of 'if' you commit a similar offence etc etc, it just says you will be required to attend a medical.

From what people have said on here, those that have HRO1 at the top of the letter get the one you did. Mine had HRO2, and clearly stated that I would need to have a medical to get my licence back.

Im sorry, but the dvla are fu*king w*nkers. I blew enough to be classed as a high risk offender, their words not mine!! A friend of mine also blew over the prescribed limit. He crasahed and could of killed 3 people. He received the HR01 letter and is not required to undertake a medical before getting his licence back. Does this sound like any sort of justice?? This whole process infultrated by the dvla is a sham and I would quite happily take their ill practices national. It is entirely not on.

Hey Deviousdee,

Hi on my letter it states HR02. Dx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off