55mg breath test...please help!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

bigjohn

Hi all. Any help would be appreciated. i was taking a friend home early hours of new years day when the police saw me driving and proceded to turn round to pull me over. i paniked my arse off and drove round some falts parked the car and tried to walk away (like a complete t##t) like it wasnt me driving. they knew it was me me straight away, obviously, and arrested me. i owned up right away and told them i also had no insurance. the police were fine with me as i wasnt being funny with them and they could see i was terrified (think the tears gave that away!) at the station i blew 55mg but also tested positive for cocaine. i have honestly never touched drugs but with having a drink and being new years eve i stupidly tried the crap. i swear this is my punishment now for being so stupid. im really concerned now as to what will happen to me. i believe im looking at a 12 month ban but reduced to 9 if i do the drink drive awareness course and a fine is this correct?

Hi all. Any help would be appreciated. i was taking a friend home early hours of new years day when the police saw me driving and proceded to turn round to pull me over. i paniked my arse off and drove round some falts parked the car and tried to walk away (like a complete t##t) like it wasnt me driving. they knew it was me me straight away, obviously, and arrested me. i owned up right away and told them i also had no insurance. the police were fine with me as i wasnt being funny with them and they could see i was terrified (think the tears gave that away!) at the station i blew 55mg but also tested positive for cocaine. i have honestly never touched drugs but with having a drink and being new years eve i stupidly tried the crap. i swear this is my punishment now for being so stupid. im really concerned now as to what will happen to me. i believe im looking at a 12 month ban but reduced to 9 if i do the drink drive awareness course and a fine is this correct?

For driving with excess alcohol with a breath reading of 55 sentencing guidelines suggest a 12-16 month disqualification and a band C fine. Testing positive for cocaine and having no insurance will be classed as aggravating factors which can only go towards increasing any sentence imposed.

If this is your first drink/drug driving offence then you will no doubt be offered the opportunity to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which can reduce any period of disqualification by up to 25% once completed.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off