Medical Results Question

Convicted Driver Insurance

DQUK

I was handed my results back today from my DVLA gp which will be sent off for examination in the DVLA.

Would like to know your oppinion on these results;

Serum Asp. Transaminiase: 18 IU/1 (5-45)
Serum Alanine Transferase: 19 IU/1 (<59)
Serum Gamma G.T 19 IU/1 (5-48)

Thank you.

Well done, these results all sound fine, they are all well within the ranges. I am surprised that the GP gave them to you though. Also the blood test that is normally taken for this test is Gamma (which you had done which was well within the range, so well done for that) but the other two are normally MCV and AST. I am no real medical expert so perhaps they mean the same. Anyone else got any ideas. Congrats again, it sounds like you should soon be on the road again.

Excellent thank you for your input, i had no idea what i was looking at;

MCV was 89.0 fl
can't find any AST...

80 to 96 is the range for MCV so that also sounds good. Did you ask the doctor for the results or did he just offer them to you and how long did it take for the blood results to come back. Sorry for sounding nosy, but just getting ready for when I have to go for mine.

I asked them for a photocopy when the results arrived. Had the test on the 29th and they came through today 3rd Nov.

I am guessing the dvla should obtain these this week... hopefully there isn't a long back log, i've been waiting over 3 years to drive!!

You will driving soon, well done. My biggest regret is going to my GP about 14 months ago with depression and admitting still drinking to much. I have not seen him since nor had a drink, but hope this will not now go against me. Bet you cant wait to get in that car. Hope you get a good insurance quote.

Well if you haven't had a drink in over 14 months that must show good progress and must indicate in the test. This surely won't go unnoticed as this is a test specifically for drinking habits.

As for the questionaire i don't recall any question involving depression, but i can only say go in with a positive attitude, smile and answer the questions in a positive light.

Hope it all goes well for you.

p.s- my insurance is screwed but hey. One step at a time.

License arrived today! 15 days from my medical to having it issued and delivered v happy!

Congrats!! Bet you're relieved :) Hopefully that means there is no backlog, went for my medical on 3rd November and my nerves are shot to pieces :D

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off