uk---fixed penalty question??

Convicted Driver Insurance

tudor187

my fpn tickect has had the wrong make and model of vechicle wrote on the ticket ie the police wrote, ( Rover GTI 220i ) while my car is a ( Rover 214sli ) would this in anyway in validate the ticket?. Regards Adam Brunning:):)

Hi,

It is a common misconception that fixed penalty notices are invalidated by minor errors.

Is the registration number correct on the notice? Are your details filled out correctly? If so, the notice will likely be valid.

You will often hear anecdotes that somebody knows someone who contested a fixed penalty because of a minor error and avoided an endorsement on their license. In practice, 99.9% of the time, if you choose to disregard the notice the matter will be dealt with by the Courts. A Court is unlikely to dismiss a matter because the vehicle model is incorrect. They would simply allow the Prosecution to amend their information.

The kind of errors which would be relevant in Court are ones that concern the identity of the driver, the registration number of the vehicle or the location of the offence.

I hope that this helps,

Carl Johnson
Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off