any ideas?

Convicted Driver Insurance

clarian

Hi
I am writing this on behalf of my sister. She does not know that I know what has happened, so I thought I'd look around for some words of wisdom?
Last week, my sister was at her friends house and she had a few glasses of wine (whether she was over the limit at this time, I'm not sure), she moved her car across the road as she decided to stay the night. she then went back to her friends house and continued drinking vodka. About three qurters of an hour later, there was a knock at the door and there were 2 poloicemen saying that they had received a call from somebody saying that she had been drink driving. I'm not sure whether they breathelised her at the station or in the house, but by then she was well over the limit. She spent the night in custody and released the next morning. she now has to appear in court next Friday for drink driving offence.
What do you think will happen? She has spoken to a soliciter who has told her to plead guilty, because if she doesn't it will go to trial and and they will start investigating things like the amount of alcohol her weight etc.
She has never been given a point on her licence in her 9 years of driving. She was not caught behind the wheel whilst drunk, and of course she consumed a lot more alcohol in the house after moving the car and before the police turned up. Any ideas please? x

Hi
I am writing this on behalf of my sister. She does not know that I know what has happened, so I thought I'd look around for some words of wisdom?
Last week, my sister was at her friends house and she had a few glasses of wine (whether she was over the limit at this time, I'm not sure), she moved her car across the road as she decided to stay the night. she then went back to her friends house and continued drinking vodka. About three qurters of an hour later, there was a knock at the door and there were 2 poloicemen saying that they had received a call from somebody saying that she had been drink driving. I'm not sure whether they breathelised her at the station or in the house, but by then she was well over the limit. She spent the night in custody and released the next morning. she now has to appear in court next Friday for drink driving offence.
What do you think will happen? She has spoken to a soliciter who has told her to plead guilty, because if she doesn't it will go to trial and and they will start investigating things like the amount of alcohol her weight etc.
She has never been given a point on her licence in her 9 years of driving. She was not caught behind the wheel whilst drunk, and of course she consumed a lot more alcohol in the house after moving the car and before the police turned up. Any ideas please? x

If convicted, the sentence she will receive will depend on the exact level of alcohol in her blood when she provided a specimen for analysis. She will definitely receive a minimum disqualification of 12 months a fine for driving with excess alcohol.

Sentencing guidelines for drink driving offences can be found here.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off