hi can anyone help :)

Convicted Driver Insurance

terri1010

hi there

i was wondering if anyone could help me out,
i applied for my licence bk after a dd offence i recieved this back yesterday which is great news,BUT when i went on the TTC course they informed me that i was a HRO and would have to have a medical done..........according to the DVLA there is no information on thier computers to indicate i have to have a medical hence recieveing my licence back i have phoned DVLA 4 times to make sure ,,is this correct ???? can they ask for a medical even when you have recieved your licence ,im so confused as i asked them i need to make sureas i will be getting in my car nxt month ..they said im fine to drive on the day ban ends

any answers woud be gr8

thank you for reading

T x

hi there

i was wondering if anyone could help me out,
i applied for my licence bk after a dd offence i recieved this back yesterday which is great news,BUT when i went on the TTC course they informed me that i was a HRO and would have to have a medical done..........according to the DVLA there is no information on thier computers to indicate i have to have a medical hence recieveing my licence back i have phoned DVLA 4 times to make sure ,,is this correct ???? can they ask for a medical even when you have recieved your licence ,im so confused as i asked them i need to make sureas i will be getting in my car nxt month ..they said im fine to drive on the day ban ends

any answers woud be gr8

thank you for reading

T x

Only high risk offenders need to take a DVLA medical.

High Risk Offenders are drivers who have been disqualified by an order of court because the proportion of alcohol in their bodies exceeded the maximum legal prescribed limit and:
  • Have been found to be over 2 and a half times the legal limit with a blood alcohol content that equalled or exceeded:

(i) 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or
    (ii) 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or
    (iii) 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine; OR

• Have failed, without reasonable excuse, to provide a specimen for analysis; OR
  • Have two convictions of drink driving or being in charge while unfit through drink within a 10 year period.
If the DVLA have already issued you a driving licence, saying you dont need a medical and can drive legally once your ban has expired then I wouldnt worry.

thank you for your answer

this is where it gets confusing my reading was 92 of breath so according to information i should be a HRO and require to have a medical..but DVLA have said 4 times that nothing is on thier screen and im safe to drive when my ban is up which is 22nd of nxt month ,im worried that if i get in a car and get pulled over i would loose my licence again because i have not had a medical

thank you for your answer

this is where it gets confusing my reading was 92 of breath so according to information i should be a HRO and require to have a medical..but DVLA have said 4 times that nothing is on thier screen and im safe to drive when my ban is up which is 22nd of nxt month ,im worried that if i get in a car and get pulled over i would loose my licence again because i have not had a medical

There is a post on these forums from someone who was in a similar position as in their alcohol reading exceeded the threshold of becoming a high risk offender and the DVLA issued the driving licence without the need for a medical.

As long as you have been issued a full driving licence by the DVLA you are entitled to legally drive if you are not disqualified. If it is an error on their part, you cannot be held responsible, nor will you lose your driving licence as a result.

thank you so much for your help a great relief.....could i please ask one more question if u know the answer to it

as u know ive been issued my licence bk , can the dvla request a medical after this or is it all over and done with

you have been a gr8 help thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off