Recently been caught drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

donie

Hi there my partner was arrested on saturday for drink driving he blew 72 and this is his second time he's been arrested. Last time was in 2003. We are looking to get a solicitor but he may lose his job. He is a carer for his mum, does any of this get taken into account for second time charges? Any info you can give would be grateful as I'm not quite sure how I can support him as I'm new to all of this.

Hello,

Is it the 2nd time he has been caught Drink Driving? If the answer is Yes then your partner is in a fair bit of trouble as it will be twice in a ten year period. Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but some of likely out comes could be,

A 3 year ban, A hefty fine, he will now be classed as a high risk offender, and could have to face a DVLA Medical in order to get his licence back.

There is more too. But I must stress I am not a solicitor, but would advise you get one immedately.

And no the court won't take in the fact he is Mums carer, if anything this could be seen as being even worse for doing it a 2nd time in 10 years. A solicitor might mention it, but I doubt would make a big deal out of it. But like I said I am not a solicitor, but you need to speak with one very quickly.

Good luck,I hope it works out as best it can for you. And I am sorry if my reply upsets you. Ps if you hard enough you can find all the information you need on this website,

Take Care,

The Village Idiot.

Thank you for your help! It is upsetting but what you have said is what I thought just through looking on this site. (Very helpful!) Ok, so, solicitor! Thanks again!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off