was a high risk offender!

Convicted Driver Insurance

neverwillagain

Well Known Member
Hi,

I lost my licence on Jan 21st this year and have completed the drink drive course, banned for 17 months so should recieve licence back feb 21st 2011. I blew 74mg. I was once a high risk offender and convicted over ten years ago so this offence (caught the morning after) was outside the ten year period. The bloke who took the drink drive course said that I will not have a problem i.e medical because it is outside the ten year period. Is this correct or will DVLA cause a problem with this.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi,

I lost my licence on Jan 21st this year and have completed the drink drive course, banned for 17 months so should recieve licence back feb 21st 2011. I blew 74mg. I was once a high risk offender and convicted over ten years ago so this offence (caught the morning after) was outside the ten year period. The bloke who took the drink drive course said that I will not have a problem i.e medical because it is outside the ten year period. Is this correct or will DVLA cause a problem with this.
Thanks for your help in advance.

The information you have been given is correct. As long as it is longer than 10 years since your last conviction.

High Risk Offenders are drivers who have been disqualified by an order of court because the proportion of alcohol in their bodies exceeded the maximum legal prescribed limit and:
  • Have been found to be over 2 and a half times the legal limit with a blood alcohol content that equalled or exceeded:

(i) 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or
    (ii) 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or
    (iii) 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine; OR
  • Have failed, without reasonable excuse, to provide a specimen for analysis; OR
  • Have two convictions of drink driving or being in charge while unfit through drink within a 10 year period.

Hi
Been thinking about this I was only ten years and one month from last conviction to date of offence, very close. Could this be a problem or does the above still stand. When should I apply for my licence back? I was told because I did the course I will not get sent anything automatically so need to send myself. Great forum by the way!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off