Court in 10 days.

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi, i've got court in 10 days, I was arrested and charged for dd on the 23/6/10. After a arguement with my partner I stupidly jumped in the car 2 get away, I didn't want 2 continue arguing in front of our children, so thinking of them I just jumped in the car and left 2 clear my head. I Now wish I had thought of them a bit more as I would of never got in the car. I had been drinking earlier in the day, and had eaten and a few hours had passed since my last drink. I wasn't thinking straight, and thought with the food and the time I would b within the limit. I felt fine 2 drive. I lost control of my car on a quiet country road, wrote it off, the police turned up and the rest is... My reading was 72. I cooperated fully with the police, didn't flee the scene which I easily could of, there were no witnesses. But I stayed at the scene, put the hazards on in the car, and was directing oncoming traffic around the car. It was posing a serious threat as it was round a bend. Im gettin really anxious now as to what the outcome will be in court. I have done wrong and deserted to be punished, I am fully aware of that. I just dont want my children being punished 4 my mistakes, as I have said I am well aware that I should me thought of that before I got in the car. Is there anything I can say/pay to keep the ban 2 a minimum? I would gladly pay triple the fine 2 get a 12 month ban. Will dressing smartly really help, is it worth writing a letter to the mags? I will do anything I can 2 keep it 2 the minimum. I know I dont deserve any help, but I am trully sorry for what i've done, i've been punishing myself since it happened, I keep replaying it over in my head, and know that it could of been such worse. Any advice would b gladly accepted. Thanks.

It is a stressful period for all involved, I know. I blew 80 (lowest reading.) and I received a 20 month ban, which with the course gets reduced 25% to 15 months.

With a reading of 72 you should expect around 18 months reduced to 13 or 14 months.

It is always best to go smart. I went in shoes, trousers, shirt and tie and everyone else were wearing there 'Trackky bottoms' with baseball caps.

The magistrates do judge your character as my ones were staring at me quite alot, reading my body language. (To see whether I was remorseful?)

It's always best aswell to get character statements, prepare a statement to the court, etc.

You have to speak up though, because as soon as you plead guilty they simply discuss your sentence. It's all over in 5-10 minutes.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Well had court 2day. Just like bt boy said all trackies and caps, one chav was also bollucked royaly for smoking in the waiting area, he thought he was off 2 jail so said he was havin a last fag!! You can tell the drink driver's, there all smartly dressed. After waitin 3 hours I was called in, after pleading guilty it flew by, the police statement helped me I think, and my solicitor was really good, the mags went off for 5 mins, came back and gave me 18 month ban, offered me the course so down 2 13 months, 350 fine and costs. Not bad I suppose, but still majorly pissed off with myself. Will start counting the days down now and never do anything so bloody stupid again, just glad its all over.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off