Very worried, very upset

Convicted Driver Insurance

problemchild

Evening all.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
I am a 20 year old lad who made a massive mistake at the weekend. I was extremely drunk and attempted to drive home. However i ended up crashing into a line of parked cars at high speed. In the panic i just bolted and ran home to bed. When the police picked me up in the morning, i blew 40. Then at the station i blew a 39, followed by a 38. The officer said they do not prosecute under 40. After time in the cell i had an interview with no legal aid as i just wanted to get it done. I admitted to having 6 drinks after initially claiming i only had 3. I had a lot more than 6 but i did not say that. I am currently on bail and am very stressed. Am i 100% going to lose my licence?
Thanks for any help i may recieve.

Evening all.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
I am a 20 year old lad who made a massive mistake at the weekend. I was extremely drunk and attempted to drive home. However i ended up crashing into a line of parked cars at high speed. In the panic i just bolted and ran home to bed. When the police picked me up in the morning, i blew 40. Then at the station i blew a 39, followed by a 38. The officer said they do not prosecute under 40. After time in the cell i had an interview with no legal aid as i just wanted to get it done. I admitted to having 6 drinks after initially claiming i only had 3. I had a lot more than 6 but i did not say that. I am currently on bail and am very stressed. Am i 100% going to lose my licence?
Thanks for any help i may recieve.

Because: a) you were involved in an accident that involved multiple vehicles, b) you fled from the scene of the accident and c) you were just under the limit the morning after, the police will have likely sent off all information to their forensic science laboratory and a forensic scientist will estimate (back calculate) your blood alcohol levels at the time of the accident. If it was 39 the morning after then it will have definitely been a lot more the night before.

If you admitted to drinking alcohol before driving and crashing your car in interview then the police will have all the evidence they need for a realistic prospect of conviction in a court of law and you will be charged accordingly.

Last edited:
Think of it as a good thing and the rocket up your arse that you needed and be very thankful that you didn't hurt or even kill someone.

Did the Police ask your weight, height and your food consumption during or prior to drinking as they need this info in order to do the back calculation ? They also need to know what build you are. If you have 2 people of the same sex, height and weight, the person with the greater muscle density will have a lower BAC reading for the same alcohol consumed as there is more water in muscle than there is in fat and therefore the alcohol is more diluted in the muscular person.

I know it's no use to you now but you really should have requested the duty solicitor. Dit they offer it to you?

I know it's no use to you now but you really should have requested the duty solicitor. Dit they offer it to you?

I didn't ask for one either as after spending 12 hours in a cell until I was interviewed, I just wanted to get out of there asap. This scenario obviously works in their favour for first time inexperienced offenders of good character. Scumbags that know the score from their fellow scumbags will say nothing until the duty solicitor arrives.

What's done is done, don't beat yourself up about it, you'll get over this small blip, that is guaranteed. I know that it's easier said than done but worrying now really serves no purpose.

Think of it as a good thing and the rocket up your arse that you needed and be very thankful that you didn't hurt or even kill someone.

Did the Police ask your weight, height and your food consumption during or prior to drinking as they need this info in order to do the back calculation ? They also need to know what build you are. If you have 2 people of the same sex, height and weight, the person with the greater muscle density will have a lower BAC reading for the same alcohol consumed as there is more water in muscle than there is in fat and therefore the alcohol is more diluted in the muscular person.

Why on earth do you keep banging on about size, weight, food consumption etc?

If you seriously believe that any magistrates court would take this into account then you must be sadly deluded.

The alternative is to take empirical evidence for every defendant who wants to prove that they, the individual, could not have possibly been over the limit because their bodies react differently from everyone else's.

Not going to happen without v.v.v expensive barristers imho.

Why on earth do you keep banging on about size, weight, food consumption etc?

If you seriously believe that any magistrates court would take this into account then you must be sadly deluded.

The alternative is to take empirical evidence for every defendant who wants to prove that they, the individual, could not have possibly been over the limit because their bodies react differently from everyone else's.

Not going to happen without v.v.v expensive barristers imho.

Because the form that pc plod must complete in order for the forensic scientist to do a back calculation, requires this data, is that too complicated for you to understand ?

They don't just pull these figures out of thin air otherwise they would lose every single case that is based around a back calculation as they wouldn't be able to refute the calculation carried out on behalf of a defendant using accurate and obviously correct data. Not everyone is prepared to lie down and accept inaccurate evidence that may be given by the crown. Independent labs, of which there are many, charge a relatively small sum to carry out this calculation for anyone that may require it.

It's not just myself discussing 'back calculations' but I'm the only one that has carried out the research to see the methods behind it all.

I suggest reading up on Widmarks Retrograde Extrapolation and subsequent studies as you might actually learn something.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off