is what I've been told true?

Convicted Driver Insurance

whyohwhy

Hi

My friend was convicted of drink driving, recieved a 12mth ban and attented a driving course. She then had a further accident 3 mths after getting licence back. She was injured in the crash but no-one else was, or was involved. When she went on the course she thinks their were told that if they were caught again, even with small amount of alchol in system they would have 3 yr ban and a prision sentence.

Is this correct? I've researched the net for info for her, and can only find information if she was over the limit again within 10yrs of first conviction. When she attended an oupatients appoinment she was informed there was trace amounts in her blood. can anyone help on where she stands legally, I don't think she will be banned/prison but she is really nervous and confused. can anyone help please?

Hi

My friend was convicted of drink driving, recieved a 12mth ban and attented a driving course. She then had a further accident 3 mths after getting licence back. She was injured in the crash but no-one else was, or was involved. When she went on the course she thinks their were told that if they were caught again, even with small amount of alchol in system they would have 3 yr ban and a prision sentence.

Is this correct? I've researched the net for info for her, and can only find information if she was over the limit again within 10yrs of first conviction. When she attended an oupatients appoinment she was informed there was trace amounts in her blood. can anyone help on where she stands legally, I don't think she will be banned/prison but she is really nervous and confused. can anyone help please?

If a person is convicted a second time for driving or attempting to drive with excess alcohol they will receive at least a minimum mandatory 3 year driving ban.

In order for a person to be convicted of driving or attempting to drive with excess alcohol the prosecution need to prove that the person in question was driving above the legal limit. The legal limit is:

35 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath
OR
80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood
OR
107 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine

If your friend was not above the legal drink driving limit then they have not committed an offence and nothing can or will be done about it.​

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off