What to say or not to say in court!??

Convicted Driver Insurance

miggy

Hi everyone!
I'm going to court on tuesday the 29th to be sentenced for drink driving offence ( driving with excess alcohol- 113 microgrammes in 100ml).
Can anyone who's been through this ordeal give me some advice on what to say or not to say?
After I plea guilty what does the prosecution say? When is my turn to defende myself can i say what I want or do i wait to be asked? I'm I allowed to aproach the bench to provide some facts that will be relevant in my defence?
Please i need information as quick as possible!

Ps. There was no time to get legal aid during the festive season.

Thanks.

Hi everyone!
I'm going to court on tuesday the 29th to be sentenced for drink driving offence ( driving with excess alcohol- 113 microgrammes in 100ml).
Can anyone who's been through this ordeal give me some advice on what to say or not to say?
After I plea guilty what does the prosecution say? When is my turn to defende myself can i say what I want or do i wait to be asked? I'm I allowed to aproach the bench to provide some facts that will be relevant in my defence?
Please i need information as quick as possible!

Ps. There was no time to get legal aid during the festive season.

Thanks.

You will be allowed to inform the Magistrates of any facts you think are relevant to your case. There is a duty solicitor at court that you can use free of charge on the day of your court case, just inform the courts when you arrive that you would like to see the duty solicitor. This guide to appearing at a Magistrates Court for drink driving may prove helpful.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

QUOTE Ps. There was no time to get legal aid during the festive season.
get yourself time make them give you the time

Hi friend
please speak to your legal avizer first {laywer}
Ive been there and done it

at the amount you were registered you have to plead guilty
you walk into the court step into booth
and you will need to plead guilty
{sry about any spelling mistakes}

Apolagize say its not going to happen again
be very sincere whan you say this
look as well dressed as can
probably 2 year ban with fine

as for the prosecution
to prove any form of inocence
you will need
your liecence still valid untill told
proof of insurance
proof of tax
and mot
have these with even if you have shown them at a
police station
you should have been given all information before your case this is not tv all they want is your money
your legal adivisor should tell you all this
prefably with no excuse of o its the wheather
i wil come back in a while with some more information
"this not an excuse but your not on your on
quite a few of us have been in serious trouble"

Last edited:
I do not understand the previous post. You do not need to bring any of these things at all, although it is best to bring your licence and a credit card.

When given the opportunity to speak, do not for a moment think that the magistrates have not heard it all before. They will not have a great deal of sympathy for you and will probably not believe you.

If you are not offered the rehabilitation course, it is vitally important that you ask for it whilst still in the dock. It will be too late otherwise and in your case it will mean getting your licence back significantly earlier.

I do not understand the previous post. You do not need to bring any of these things at all, although it is best to bring your licence and a credit card.

When given the opportunity to speak, do not for a moment think that the magistrates have not heard it all before. They will not have a great deal of sympathy for you and will probably not believe you.

If you are not offered the rehabilitation course, it is vitally important that you ask for it whilst still in the dock. It will be too late otherwise and in your case it will mean getting your licence back significantly earlier.
back at you
if you dont need any of these things
then why was i asked to show them
and i wasnt told to do a rehabilitation course in the court
and was still sent the paperwork to applie for it. its up to yourself if you want to do it plus you have to pay for it
optional
as for a credit card on the spot payment your full of it if you can afford the fine in one payment you will be instructed to do so otherwise your arrange an agreament of payment methods
depending on you income i was earning reasonable money at the time but paid the fine in two installments
but im not here to argue with you so goodbye

Last edited:
back at you
if you dont need any of these things
then why was i asked to show them
and i wasnt told to do a rehabilitation course in the court
and was still sent the paperwork to applie for it. its up to yourself if you want to do it plus you have to pay for it
optional
as for a credit card on the spot payment your full of it if you can afford the fine in one payment you will be instructed to do so otherwise your arrange an agreament of payment methods
depending on you income i was earning reasonable money at the time but paid the fine in two installments
but im not here to argue with you so goodbye

Complete nonsense, except for making arrangements to pay. If you had the ability to read and comprehend, you would understand the meaning of the phrase "best to".

All else you have written is rubbish. If you don't bring your licence then the DVLA will shortly demand it from you. No tax, insurance or MOTs are required in much the same way as it is not necessary to bring your old 'O' levels or TV licence.

You have ONE chance, when being sentenced to get on the DD course. You will not be able to avail yourself of the opportunity the second you leave the court. Yes, you get the details in the post but only after you have been offered the chance and accepted it whilst in the court. Did you not understand the proceedings at all?

For anyone with an IQ in double figures, if you are not offered the course, then SPEAK UP. You only have one chance and 25% makes a huge difference, so don't be shy and please do not believe a word the previous poster has said.

Mind you, this was information given to me at court, by the magistrate. There is of course the chance that he, the other two magistrates and the clerk of court were talking out of their collectives arses and you know more than them. Somehow I doubt this though.

P.S. I have just read through your barely literate ramblings on this forum. It appears that you are a bigger fool than most of us. Apologies about the reference to 'O' levels btw, this wasn't a dig at your lack of them.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off