police procedure in breath testing driver involved in a car accident

Convicted Driver Insurance

BillyBobster

Hi, I was involved in a car accident, the other driver was driving dangerously and crashed into my car side on. I noticed when he got out of the car and when he returned to his car that he was staggering and suspected he'd been drinking or was intoxicated in some way. I reported this to the police and asked that he be breathalysed but the police did not breathalyse him despite my concerns. Is this normal procedure? I thought they had to breathalyse people who had been involved in a car accident? He left the scene of the accident after trying to get a witness to say he wasn't indicating right, she refused as he was indicating right so after getting angry with her he left.

There is no requirement that says the police HAVE to breath test a person after a road traffic collision, but they have the power to do so, and normally do. If they attend. It is not clear from your post if the police arrived while the other driver was still at the scene?

There is no requirement that says the police HAVE to breath test a person after a road traffic collision, but they have the power to do so, and normally do. If they attend. It is not clear from your post if the police arrived while the other driver was still at the scene?

The other driver didn't hang around he left his wife at the scene then came back with a taxi took the shopping from the boot and his wife and left. The police found him at home soon after. It is annoying they did not take a breath test as he was driving dangerously and was staggering, it could have been shock and then again could have been alcohol related. Thank you for clearing that up for me, kind regards

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off